Thread: Couple days in and LOVING it!

Wink Couple days in and LOVING it!

After a (very) long day of travel, we arrived in Dunedin around 5pm Monday evening - since then, we've been super busy exploring the town, checking out the uni, looking into flats, and we have loved every minute of it! My body is definitely taking a beating walking - the hills are gorgeous here, but boy are they tough when you're walking around everywhere!

It's a bit overwhelming, but not in a bad way - we have to keep reminding ourselves that we don't need to cram all of our sight-seeing into one week as we'll have 3 years to see it all. So happy we've moved here!

Pleased your enjoying yourselves so far. If you get the chance (I did type if you have time but your there for three years-der ha ha) go to 'Otago Peninsula' what a beautiful drive and to see the Albatross Colony. We did that on holiday last year and what views there is!!

Hope you enjoy your new adventure!!

Welcome, slow down and enjoy that lack of busy, hurried, stressful US way of life....It took me about 3 months to slow down.....

Enjoy the time

Quote Originally Posted by mighty mouse View Post
    It's a bit overwhelming, but not in a bad way - we have to keep reminding ourselves that we don't need to cram all of our sight-seeing into one week as we'll have 3 years to see it all. So happy we've moved here!
    I'm so happy for you! Dunedin is a wonderful place. You won't run out of things to see on the South Island in 3 years.

Welcome home! Enjoy yourself and start planning your adventure. Have fun. Glad you landed safe and sound.

Welcome here in town! Nice to read that you're enjoying it!

Welcome to NZ---
    Yes, you're finally here after all the steps and anticipation!
    Recover your sleep, slow down to take it all in and just start exploring once you have your home base established.
    Yes, lots of hills and walking for me too I found when I first arrived which was good (lost 4lbs in the first month or so due to more walking!) plus its an opportunity to see things on foot vs. a car.

Great to have someone to share it all with as well as I imagine it would be quite difference vs. doing it alone as I did.
    Its a beautiful night in Auckland tonight and starting to get a nice pinky sky