Hi All,

Things are moving along quickly now with my wife 99% having the job (as long as her references come back ok - hopefully just a formality), and them wanting her to start at the beginning of September. This all of a sudden seems very real, and i suppose we need to start tying up loose ends here and making some proper plans (rather than just dreaming as we have been doing). There's so much to do!!!

In the midst of all of this, i'm wondering how many people (if any) made the move without having even visited the country? We are both confident that we will love it out there, and more than that we are 100% convinced that it is the right move for the kids; i just can't help but feel that it's a bit reckless to uproot our family to take them to live on the other side of the world in a country that we've never even visited. We are still considering a recce trip, but money is tight at the minute, and we are hoping to save every penny to get us set up when we move out there. Time is an issue too. We are swinging from "We must be mad - we have to go out there and have a look" and "We've already made our minds up that we're going and there's not really much that is going to stop us so what's the point in spending all that money?".

Any thoughts or advice greatly appreciated.

Paul