Thread: Changing Immigration Offices

Question Changing Immigration Offices

Hi all,

Status changed yesterday from "Selected" to "Decision Successful" yay~

However, the ITA email that came along says that my application has been assigned to the Shanghai branch. I'm in Malaysia and I understand that there's an office down in Singapore. I'm not sure why I was assigned to an office that's so far away when there's one just an hours' flight away.

Has anyone experienced this before? Will I be able to request INZ for a change of office from Shanghai to Singapore?

Thanks in advance!

Congratulations!

No idea about the reason for the change and whether it can be queried - ask INZ?

Singapore receives residence visa applications and temporary entry visa applications for Afghanistan, Brunei, Malaysia, Maldives, Seychelles, and Singapore, therefore I would suspect that unless you were moving to live in one of these countries your application could not be moved to Singapore.

Shawn

Thanks for the replies

@eternalwiki - Really strange eh, they process visa applications for my country but not ITA applications. I'll try emailing the staff on this matter and we'll wait and see what they say.

INZ Singapore seems to be very small office so I suspect they actually process applications there (worth checking with INZ though)., recently couple of forum members mentioned that their application was transferred from Asian branches to London.