Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview through mobile phone

Default Interview through mobile phone

Hi,

My CO has offered to conduct a phone settlement interview but my problem is I have recently moved from my permanent residence to a different country and I don't have a land line available. The CO has asked for a land line number for an interview but I can't arrange it anytime soon, I only have a mobile number. Will the CO agree to conducting interview on mobile number?

I doubt it - they always seem to ask for a landline number.

Can't you ask a friend, neighbour or colleague if you can use their phone? Or perhaps arrange to rent a room in a hotel for the time it would take to have the conversation in private?

Initially planned to use land line, even bought a new one with loudspeaker for the interview but when she called, I could barely hear her so I suggested that she call me on my mobile phone. Picked up my headset and the interview was done entirely on mobile phone.

My CO is from Beijing branch.

Would you be able to get somewhere with Skype?

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    Can't rule out that option but that would take a long long time to get into action.

Webmister, can you give any landline from your work place? Sometimes the lines are not clear on mobile phone (depending on the coverage & various other factors) plus I assume calling on mobile is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by sophiedb View Post
    The quality of skype is normally not very good, its worse than mobile or land line so I doubt it will help me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sun777 View Post
    Can't rule out that option but that would take a long long time to get into action.

Webmister, can you give any landline from your work place? Sometimes the lines are not clear on mobile phone (depending on the coverage & various other factors) plus I assume calling on mobile is expensive.
    I can't use any land line at the moment, and they recommend a quite place for the purpose so I am sure I won't get a landline phone in an isolated room at all. But I'll tell my CO to call me on mobile and see the response.

It should not matter, as long as your voice quality for your phone and signal strength of the network is good, they won't know the difference. The reason they ask for land line, because of less distortion, noise, and call dropping. I had my phone inter with my mobile phone, and i made sure i was in area where signal strength was perfect. I had interview for 1.15 hours, i didn't have any problem.

Rest is your choice, if you want to tell them or not. But yes they do ask for land line.

My personal experience:

Application from country-1
    Residing in country-2
    Telephone interview in country-3 on a mobile phone obtained from country-2, I was visiting that time, which was on roaming.

No issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by rizjunior View Post
    Telephone interview in country-3 on a mobile phone obtained from country-2, I was visiting that time, which was on roaming.
    No issue at all.
    Wow time flies Riz!! I remember your post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast