Thread: What if job description matches completely but..................?

Default What if job description matches completely but..................?

Hey guys it's been a while I haven't logged onto this forum so will check to see if there are any related threads to my query. My question is:

What if the job description that the employer has given me has all the jobs that ANZAC has described but on it there are also more jobs that the applicant has to do? I think it should not matter as long as the job description as defined by ANZAC are there. I sent this question to the immigration but they do not give a straight answer. Just that 'it would depend on the case officer'.

Do you guys think it should it matter how many more duties there are defined in the job description provided by the employer? Please comment.

As long as your job title matches your qualification and experience, it should not matter what other job responsibility you have in the company. There is always multi tasking in the company, you should be fine.

Thanks for your reply farooq but I don't think that is true.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I think you mean ANZSCO (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations)

They are basically a guide, describing the types of things that someone in that role would do as a minimum. If your job description includes more than that, it is no issue.

I also have a similar question. If job title (IT staff) does NOT match qualification (PhD), do we have chance for PR or not? (job for PhD holder required by NZ immigration is always lecturer (

hoi, my feeling is that it's the subject matter of the qualification that needs to be relevant to the job.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    hoi, my feeling is that it's the subject matter of the qualification that needs to be relevant to the job.
    Thks JandM. Hope that your feeling is true