Thread: Korokoro anyone?

Default Korokoro anyone?

Hi All!

I've been looking to rent and found this place in Korokoro which I quite like. Any forumite here staying/stayed in Korokoro? Is it a nice neighborhood?

Thanks!

I live in Korokoro - feel free to ask me anything and I'll do my best to answer.

PS - I have a double room to rent in my house if you/anyone is interested.

Hi Cappuccino!

Is it colder up in Korokoro Bcoz of the valley? We saw this house in Korokoro which is really lovely and is considering renting it. Also, is ot a safe neighborhood?

It is definitely windy up here because the southerlies blow straight across the harbour to the hills! The southerlies are the cold winds.

Korokoro is a very safe neighbourhood and has an active environmental group (www.keg.org.nz) which I used to be involved with. There is a decile 10 primary school, playgroup, scouts etc. There are lots of bush walks and only a 10 min walk down the hill to the station/Jackson Street shops/supermarket. It is very quiet up here as people don't cut through to anywhere - they are either residents or visitors.

Let me know if you do move to Korokoro.

Hi Cappuccino!

Thanks! We are actually waiting to sign the tenancy contract I read about the KEG and would love to be involved!

What I like, other than the house itself is the view it offers. I like both the sea and the valley and Korokoro offers both also Petone shops are just a 15 min walk away.

Will keep you posted if I get the house in Korokoro

Good luck. Hope you like steep hills for riding your bike on, but you wont be alone, there are plenty of other cyclists who like the challenge here!

Hahaha yeah... We climbed the hill for the first viewing of the house. The 2nd time, we took the bus have yet to try with the bike, but most likely I would need to dismount and push for the steep slopes... :/