Thread: Is Selection Criteria changing soon?

Default Is Selection Criteria changing soon?

Hi All,
    I have an unsubmitted EOI with 135 pts w/out job offer, with Additional Selection criteria - 10 bonus points for work experience in area of absolute skills shortage.
    I have been waiting for my criteria to be selected since August 2011 but only 15 bonus points were selected.
    Does anyone has a clue on around when 10 bonus points will be selected so that i can submit? Thanks for this crucial information.

be patient hope they will select your criteria from May as per historical EOI selction

Russel,
    Thanks for quick reply. I'll follow your advice. It is becoming more and more difficult with time i've noticed.
    By the way, do you think its wise to wait for the criteria to change in my favour before submitting or do i submit now until criteria changes?
    i believe i will loose at least one chance of being selected if i wait for criteria to change in my advantage.

@Benjiamino EOI validity 6 month. So u can wait until ur criteria come . we can only hope. because from historical selection , previous 6-8 months no EOI with 10 bonus point in LTSS selected. Don't know what will be the next selection criteria only just hope.

INZ don't change the criteria - the difference is made by who else is in the pool, and how well qualified they are compared to you. Please see my posts #16 and #18 on this thread for a more detailed explanation. http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread....Feb-2012/page2

JandM,
    Thanks for the clear explanation. It is completely different from what i thought it was. So i'll better submit and pay my EOI cause no one know when it will change and the time it changes, i don't want to miss a single chance of being selected, i've waited too long.
    However, i have one question; How is it that there are so many EOI with skilled employment or job offer as compared to 2009 and 2010?
    Is New Zealand becoming more poplular? I came to know about migrating to NZ August last year only.

Good luck!

I don't know an answer to your question. It's hard to say when all the data are made up of individual people's stories, each one with their own reasons, hopes and luck.

The world financial situation may have had an impact on how many people have applied to migrate to NZ. Then, last year, there were slight changes to how INZ awarded points, and, from what we saw here on the forum, many people assumed that a job offer would now be absolutely necessary to gain Residence (which isn't actually true, but of course, as always has been the case, it helps). People thinking that way may therefore have travelled to NZ on a job hunt. But this is all just guesswork. I don't think it's possible to know.

JandM,
    Thanks. Am a bit facts oriented and after some analysis, i noticed that the chances for my criteria to be out is roughly related to the number of EOI with Job offer. Which corresponds to what you explained.
    I've analysed past FactSheets and discovered that my criteria was out almost each time the number of EOI with job offer was around 350 or less.
    Therefore, the more people with employment and job offer are selected, the lesser is my chance of being selected.
    I just hope this help others like me and that there will be less EOI with job offer in future selection,without being too selfish.

Sorry, i meant 'EOIs at or above 140 points' instead of 'EOI with Job offer'.