Thread: Water Beds UK ti NZ

Default Water Beds UK ti NZ

Hi,
    Does anyone have any experience of shipping a water bed over? I have found a water bed supplier in NZ online and just wondered if anyone has already done this and can point up whether it's better to take yours across, or buy one when you get there? (Similar to the car question maybe?)
    Thanks in advance,
    Gil

Hiya Gil

We have a water bed and are going to be taking it with us as it did cost us £1400. I will be taking it apart and draining myself, doesn't seem to difficult. We were quoted approx £90 if it needed moving to another house in the UK and set up again. So I suppose they could disassemble it for you for a fee.

Could you send me the link to the waterbed site in NZ ta.

hello

this isn't meant to be a dumb question, but I'm sure it'll come across as such.

Look at all the water bed ads, how does that work?????? How do they now we are talking about waterbeds, is it ' the red squirrel ski's down the blue mountain' gang?
    Loopy Lou.

We intend dismantling etc ourselves too Dazza. We had ours moved to our new house here about 2 years ago, and it looks easy enough if you have a hose. I was wondering if (like playstations, lamps etc) there would be any difference in NZ/UK water beds, or is it just a question of converting plugs etc?

Yeah it would just be a matter of changing plugs for the heating element.

Look at all the water bed ads, how does that work??????
    Keywords... because "waterbed" featured a lot on the page, Google selected appropriate ads by that keyword - hence all the waterbed ads...

Thanks Moorf

Thanks Moorf, and sorry Smiler, I keep forgetting there are ads on here, and I wondered what you were talking about!!