Thread: Visa Selection Help

Default Visa Selection Help

Morning all,

I'm having some major issues deciding on what Visa to go with and was hoping for some help. I'm a UK resident.

My girlfriend is from NZ but has been living in the UK for 5 years and we've been together for 4. Lived together for 3 years but she has never been on the rental agreement. Could I go for the 'jump on the back of her passport' visa OR would I be better off going alone. I'm a teacher (PGCE) but can't work out if my qualification would be level 6 or 7.

I have a BA (hons) degree AND a PGCE on top of that. Anybody know where I stand? I'm seriously running out of time and just can't work out what's for best...

Any help would be very gratefully received. Obviously I can provide more details if I haven't offered enough here.

Thank you.
    Grimble

Hello and welcome.

You will find there is MUCH less formality/proof involved in going for a partner-sponsored Residence visa than in trying to get a visa independently, especially as teaching has recently been removed from the list of skills urgently wanted. See here. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...ly/default.htm It is possible for them to be processed very rapidly, once your evidence is in place (they're prioritized as they want their Kiwis back!).

Basically, the only qualification required (beyond the police check and medical required of everyone) is to be the partner of your partner, and having a home in joint names is only one possibility on the list of many. Look at the Operational Manual, F2.20 http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm (go to Residence » Family Categories » F2 Partnership Category » F2.20 Evidence), and also old threads on here, for what people have supplied.