Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Airlines??? anyone

Default Malaysia Airlines??? anyone

Hi we are looking at flights.

Cheapest is Malaysia Airlines.

£650 for Ian return. and £1,500 for 2 ad's 2 kids one way in Jan. Best deal we can find.

Has anyone flown with them and if so what are they like.

Thanks

Jo

Hey Jo,

We've both flown to and from Kuala Lumpur many times with Malaysian Airlines as we lived there. Warren actually wrote part of the software for their flight sims! Their service was always excellent, quite like Singapore Airlines, and the planes well equipped. Mind you, it's been a few years since we flew with them.

If it was a good price option I'd take it. However, if it was within, say £100 each of a Singapore Air equivalent flight, I'd go with Singapore Air. I just love 'em.....

Moorf

We flew with Malaysian airlines last Easter. They were really good and the late flight (8pm from Manchester) meant that the children slept all the way to KL. Food was good, good in-flight entertainment and KL airport was great (they even took euros from us as we hadn''t thought to bring Malay currency with us). Coming back we stayed over at the airport hotel - great service again and a lovely "golf-cart" picks you up and takes you to the airport or you could walk.

We would definitely use them again - they were as good and perhaps a little better than the other airlines we have flown to NZ with (JAL, Quantas, AirNZ, Singapore).

Hi Jo

A friend of mine flew with them last year and raves about them. Says the same things Lisa said about service and so on.

Debs

yup, Malaysia get the thumbs up from me, especially at that price!!

Have to agree. Last time I flew with them I was on my own with the 2 kids. Excellent service. Flew with Singapore this time and gotta say both airlines are the top of my list!

Joanne

I'm liking the look of these flight times, but can anyone tell me what their baggage allowance is like? (We have alot of baggage!) I'm sure I looked at Cathay Pacific a few weeks but I think the baggage allowance was only 25kg each! We have got a quote for 9th Oct one way 2 adults 4 chimps from Manchester to auckland £2509. Air New Zealand is coming in at £2436 but is from Heathrow. Also we have to consider whether getting an internal flight from Auckland to (wherever we end up!) is more cost effective and practical than a Camper Van bearing in mind there will be 6 of us plus luggage! Any thoughts anyone? Would all that luggage fit in a camper van as well as us?

if you fly via L.A. you get a better baggage allowance than the asian airlines.but you have a 4 hour stop over in America were you will be finger printed and have mug shots taken, new security measures implemented since 9/11

Ah

this was our dilemma baggage.

We found out that nz internal flights cost around just under £5 per kilo for excess so an extra suitcase of say 20kilos would be under £100.

We are going to act numb on the connecting flight as we will have pr stamped and will have come off an international flight and see if they take pity on us and let us off. If we look knackered enough they might do.

Air NZ do give the best baggage allowance but they ain't the cheapest flight so we worked out that it's swings and roundabouts and if we do get let off with extra baggage then great. If not then what we pay is the extras we would have paid for the fare.

Jo

Question

May be a stupid question but I'll ask anyway ,if you book say London to Wellington but have to go via Auckland do you only get the Domestic Luggage Allowance for the internal flight or do you still carry the International Luggage Allowance over?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast