Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Work Experience Evidence

Default Work Experience Evidence

Hi,

For Work Experience Certificate ; is it okay to get from the supervisor or manager ?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome.

Yes, usually it is fine to get the necessary letter from whoever is best suited in the company. The important thing is that that person will be available (at the contact details given) to reply to queries from INZ when they have to check that what you've said is correct.

Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

Yes, usually it is fine to get the necessary letter from whoever is best suited in the company. The important thing is that that person will be available (at the contact details given) to reply to queries from INZ when they have to check that what you've said is correct.
    I think not necessary "that person will be available (at the contact details given) to reply to queries from INZ when they have to check that what you've said is correct"

Because After assigning the CO, the first thing CO asked for is HR contact person details (name, designation, e-mail etc) to validate work experience.

Although the work experience docs are signed and given by ur line manage or similar management person.

I understand that you're talking from your experience. This statement is good if the company happens to have an HR department. Not all companies do.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I understand that you're talking from your experience. This statement is good if the company happens to have an HR department. Not all companies do.
    @JandM

Although many companies don't have any HR but it's INZ generic template to ask for that.

I checked with at least 4-5 person who do have CO assigned/ got already residence visa.

The first thing CO asked is same format to all of us.

Please send HR contact details (name, designation, email etc) for ur previous and present job.............

I gave a mix of letters - some were formal experience certificates issued by HR department, others were reference letters from supervisors. For my work visas, they did not bother to verify anything (probably because my qualification was sufficient for the job i had). For my residence application, i haven't been asked for any further details yet. I guess what JandM said makes a lot of sense, make sure whatever you provide is verifiable.

Try to get it from the person that shortlisted-interviewed-hired you.

That person can explain best what the requirements were at the time of hiring and why they gave the job to you because that are the sort of the things you're CO will be asking.

It all happens in the background and you wouldn't know a thing about this questionnaire when nobody tells you. My employer, however, notified me of their verification check and told me to be very surprised about all the details that were asked - mainly about what they did to make sure that I was the best person for the job and not a New Zealander.

I'd suggest not to take this lightly and supply INZ with a letter from and the details of the best possible person to answer detailed questions.

@kath. Since I had my interview for my current job back 7-years ago, my interviewer from he HR interviewed hundreds if not thousand by now. I wander if he remembers anything of that interview
    Like JandM said, INZ tries to find ways to correctly verify the claims, although their generic words may be HR department and so on, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by zua76 View Post
    @kath. Since I had my interview for my current job back 7-years ago, my interviewer from he HR interviewed hundreds if not thousand by now. I wander if he remembers anything of that interview
    Like JandM said, INZ tries to find ways to correctly verify the claims, although their generic words may be HR department and so on, I guess.
    I see, I'm mixing up two different things here

I supplied INZ with a general overview of all previous workexperience as we can obtain that from our government. My last employer was contacted in this regard. So yes, you have to give details from the person who can answer some questions about you.

My current employer in NZ, for whom I was working with a work visa had a very extensive questionnaire to answer with all sorts of detailed questions, enquiring about why me and not a New Zealander and about the whole recruitment process as well. In this case you have to give details from the person that hired you and can explain in a very thorough way why you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast