Thread: Washington DC Branch: PR Application - Family Partnership Category

Red face Washington DC Branch: PR Application - Family Partnership Category

Hi all,

Not sure if any of you are in similar situations... but we will be sending in our application before the weekend to the NZ Embassy at Washington DC, and just wanted to know what the timeline is like there for PR application under Partnership.

We're applying from Canada btw.

Cheers!

Hello and welcome.

Thanks!
    So... guess no one's applying through the Washington D.C. Branch at the moment.....

I applied for PR last October and was approved by December. I had to go back and take care of some minor medical things prior to getting approved. So for me it was very fast. We are planning on moving in August. I hope it goes as easy for you. Best of luck.
    Brigid

Just went through the same process through Washington (we're in Canada). You can see my timeline below, about 3 weeks with clean medical certificate and police clearances. Also worth noting my wife has been out of NZ nearly 12 years, thus qualifying us for expidited processing.

I rushed to get it in before May as apparently they get bogged down May-June with student requests.

Thanks everyone!!! On another note, did any of you ship anything from Canada to NZ? We are only looking to ship a few pieces of furniture, ski gears etc, but from my research so far it looks like we're better off just selling everything here instead; please let me know if there are other options, or if you know of a good shipping company.

Cheers.

Where in Canada are you? We are in the GTA and have a storage locker (10x5) worth of stuff we are culling... Quotes are around $5000 for the whole lot, hence the cull. We are not sure we are moving permanent, however, selling and rebuying will be cheaper than storing. We are taking our beds (mattresses) as my wife (a kiwi) says quality and cost is not comparable. We looked online and confirmed that a queen & double mattress and box spring of the quality we have would cost the same in NZ as the shipping quotes we are getting, so, makes sense to ship some stuff!

We're in Vancouver actually... And your wife's totally right, I know there will be things we'd rather take with us: cheaper, more variety etc. but it's hard to decide whether to just bring an extra luggage each (when we fly), or to arrange to ship so that we can have as much stuff with us as we want!