Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: LTBV Approved in Principle

Default LTBV Approved in Principle

Whoop whoop, we have finally had our LTBV approved in principle which is fantastic news. Has anyone any experience of going down this route? i.e making reasonable progress to setting up your business within nine months, it doesn't seem very long when in that time we have to sell up over here. What sort of proof did you use. Also in that time the business you have in mind may sell, How flexible are the NZIS in changing your business but staying within the same industry??? Any advise would be gladly received.
    Thank you

Well done, now for the tricky bit. We bought an existing business, so it was just a case of giving them the proof of purchase docs etc. I believe you will need to show that you are in either the process of buying an existing business, or have the plans in place in setting up a new one (premises, suppliers, bank accounts) The 9 months goes very fast so better get cracking. You should still have my e-mail address so contact me if you need any other help and don't want it on the forum.

Thank you so muchly will do!

Thank you

Congrats wolfy. Great news. Do you mind sharing how long the application took? And did you use an agent? Or attack this on your own?

Quote Originally Posted by Sidekickeh View Post
    Congrats wolfy. Great news. Do you mind sharing how long the application took? And did you use an agent? Or attack this on your own?
    Thank you, we submitted our LTBV application at the beginning of March and it was approved on the 3rd of May. We did the application ourselves. Although i'm sure agents are really useful we believe that no one can have the passion like yourself and you can express that if your doing your own application. Now its for all the hard work we are busy getting the house ready to sell.

Hi Wolfy,
    How about your business now, very good I hope,
    Can you share with us some of your experience on prepare documents for LTBV,
    Do you setup brand new company or purchase the existing one?
    Brian

hi,
    i set up a new business here on a ltbv just over 3 years ago which seems like a lifetime ago now! from what i can remember you have to show you are making progress towards establishing the business as detailed in an earlier reply and on this basis i am pretty sure they extended the visa without any issues. i didn’t trade at all in the first 9 months and we were fine. changing business can mean you basically restart your application but it does depend on what the changes are e.g. if you start a business in the wellington region you can’t move the business to a different location outside of that region. you cant go from selling costumes to selling electrical goods - basically whatever is stamped on your visa is what you pretty much have to stick to otherwise i think it is pretty much regarded as a new application. i am happy to answer specific questions from my experience if you want to shout them out.

Hi Rick,
    Thanks for your info, so did you made the ltbv application by your own or with agents?,
    There are some requirements as contribution to NZ, sound business plan, similar experiences... that need to be carefully address
    Are you working in Fashion business?
    I am thinking of buying franchise in the fast food / cafe business in Auckland areas,
    Brian

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast