Thread: case officer

Question case officer

Hi there ,I was just wondering if anyone knows the time from getting a case officer to being hopefully approved, we applied through the parent visa process.

Parent sponsorship through Family Stream is capped annually and processing times are reported to be approx 18-24 months from submitting your application, but I've read from other people who have taken longer (3+ years).

When did you submit your application?

Sorry I didnt make myself very clear, i have had my application in since early last year and I rang London and was told that I should get a co sometime between june and july and was hoping that someone who have received a visa through the parent visa could tell me how long they had to wait and what the case officer asked ect .

Quote Originally Posted by mum of two View Post
    Sorry I didnt make myself very clear, i have had my application in since early last year and I rang London and was told that I should get a co sometime between june and july and was hoping that someone who have received a visa through the parent visa could tell me how long they had to wait and what the case officer asked ect .
    If I read you right, that means you've had your application in for over a year with very little happening?

There is a long-running thread where people in for the sponsored parent visa update one another with progress. A search may bring it up. I'll come back with a link if I find it.

I believe this is the thread JandM is referring to:
    http://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=28889

That's the one - thank you!

We made our application for parent visas via Wellington office in Sep 2010.
    After a couple of early requests for repeat blood tests for minor issues we heard nothing beyond the acknowledgement informing us of the 18-24 months' wait.

At the end of 17 months, in the hope of stirring things up, I rang and informed them we were now back at our UK address and asked if our application would need to be transferred to London but was told that the decision would be made by the individual case officer once one had been appointed. I could get no further information whatsoever about the length of any further wait, except that applicants didn't often have to wait "beyond 2 years!!"

On April 11th, almost 19 months after our application, we had an email from our appointed Case Officer, asking for updated information regarding sponsor's income and a birth certificate for my son still living in UK (previously included with our application and already returned to us) These were posted (UK-Wellington) and 3 days after receiving them the CO emailed to say our application was APPROVED

Still feeling shell-shocked that after the interminable wait the final decision came through so quickly!!

Good luck for a positive outcome!