Thread: Immigration Nightmare

Default Immigration Nightmare

Sorry for the long winded post but a bit of history is needed.

I've had a job offer since Oct. '11, and the employer is gracious enough to hold the job thus far.
    I sent in my EOI in Oct. and it was declined because they didn't recognize the college I went to.
    I then applied for a Temp. Work Visa and has been referred back to the Medical Assessor twice.
    I've had to have more tests done and just sent the test results in.

Any idea how long it may take after the Medical Assessor receives it til it's finally approved?

Also what are the steps for a Residence Visa once in NZ?
    Thanks for your input.

Hi,
    did you do you NZQA before going for EOI, this is the way you can follow, other way is get a work visa and then apply under skilled migrant with job offer, but i don't know what occupation you hold and will they accept that job offer with relevant qualification or not ?

Sorry to hear you're having a frustrating time. The regulations in place are in the same areas for all visas, for everybody - you have to prove qualifications in your skill, and good health and good character.

The issues with your medical will finish when the MA is satisfied that existing conditions you have are not likely to cost the NZ Health Service more than $25,000. The MAs are in a different, independent department, so there is always a delay between whatever you have sent them going off from INZ, and their response back to the CO - often, it runs at about three weeks.

asaaron has said the same things I thought of, about your qualification. If you would like to share more details, maybe someone in your line of work might have something useful to add.

Getting a Residence visa once in NZ is much the same as from outside NZ. You could apply under Skilled Migrant, but whatever the issue was with your skill would need to be sorted out. I presume your employer is not accredited? But there may be some other ground for your applying for Work to Residence. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...k/workperm.htm

I am an Office Equipment Technician, and have been for 27 years. " 313111 Hardware Technician " is what I put on the EOI.
    JandM, you're correct, my employer is not accredited.
    Last edited by Canadian Kiwi; 8th May 2012 at 06:45 AM.

And did you go to NZQA?

I dont think I did, do you have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Kiwi View Post
    Any idea how long it may take after the Medical Assessor receives it til it's finally approved?
    Where are you applying through? Washington?

Here's the website for the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualificatio...qualifications

And here's the page from the INZ website about which qualifications are exempt from assessment. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...rq/default.htm

If your qualification, from the college you attended, at the time you attended, isn't on the list for exemption, then it has to be checked out before it is accepted. If you didn't go through this process at first, it may account for the trouble you have had, but it still may be the way out of your problems.

Thank you, JandM

G Mo, I applied through the High Commission in Ottawa.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Kiwi View Post
    G Mo, I applied through the High Commission in Ottawa.
    I had to apply through Washington for Residence, however, I believe all MA stuff is forwarded back to NZ.