Thread: Do they have Renault Traffic Vans in NZ.

Default Do they have Renault Traffic Vans in NZ.

Have been looking at garages and car sales in Wellington and havnt really come across Renault Traffic vans.Want to bring ours as its low mileage and reliable.Been looking on trade me and to replace it with something similar is about treble what we paid for ours.Any ideas.

We had an Espace in Europe and did not bring it here because of the rather high maintenance/repair costs. Overall there are not too many Renaults in the country.

If you go for this, do it with your eyes open. There are relatively few European cars in NZ, therefore garages don't carry the range of spares, either engine parts or body panels, that we're used to having readily available. This means that a relatively small problem can mean a long wait while something is shipped out.

Before we moved to where we are now our previous neighbours had a Renault Megan and they were without their car for 3 months waiting on a part from Europe. I had a Renault Trafic in the UK and I loved it but I had had it ten years so did not even consider bringing it over

The Renault Trafic, Nissan Primastar and Opel/Vauxhall Vivaro are all the same van (just with different badges) so parts might not be such an issue - that said there aren't very many of any of those on trademe either.
    Ax

We wanted to bring over our Citroen Berlingo, but they only sell the newer version of the van here. Parts and service would have been a nightmare, so we regretfully sold it before the move.