Thread: MAF forms - level of detail?

Default MAF forms - level of detail?

Everything is cleaned and ready to go but I am unsure of the level of detail needed for the MAF declaration forms. For example do I write cycle spare parts or list them individually, what about how things are cleaned.

Any previous examples would be great.

Cheers
    Joel

Just list them generally - "spare cycle parts", "tools", "outdoor furniture","toys" etc. Putting down howv you have cleaned them doesn't matter as they will inspect everything they are concerned about regardless. Advice elsewhere on the forum about packing things together that might be inspected is good as MAF charge for the number of boxes they need to look in (e.g. put all the shoes together, christmas decorations etc)

Thanks. That should make things easier. I am assuming from your response that if you list anything they will inspect it.

Yes, in our case they asked for box numbers which could contain stuff from their list of items they want to inspect. They then decided from that list and the manifest what they wanted to inspect. We also had a random customs inspection where about 1/3 of our boxes were opened at the same time as the MAF inspection so about 1/2 of everything we brought was inspected (from the opened boxes and inspected stickers on them).