Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon Deliveries to New Zealand

THe only items Amazon do not deliver to NZ are Lego, Knex, and electronics including playstation games, needless to say these are more expensive here and for lego a limited choice. This has been frustrating for grandparents to send presents here.
    Also I have noticed UK sites are becoming more choos on who they will allow to order, I have in the past paid with NZ card for presents from ELC to send to Nephews, I can no longer do this this is not the oly site!
    Another really good site is CDWOW which offers games, CDs, DVDs at good prices and free P & P also fragrance

I don't think Amazon will deliver TVs and stereos. I checked a few and they all say delivery to US only. Otherwise a lot of these local "big box" style stores would be out of business. Just a different way to buy stuff here. Limited selection, but they'll have good alternatives for the most part.

Thanks for these replies. It looks good. How about Christmas? Do you need to order 4 months early?

You don't have to order early, but I would recommend ordering by late October simply to avoid things getting lost or delayed as the postal volume increases over the Christmas period. That way if something goes astray you've got time to complain and arrange a replacement.

We use Amazon a lot, mainly for DVD, computer games and books. Everything comes with free delivery. I guess you pay quite a lot to have it shipped to NZ?

The delivery charges are itemised on the Amazon site. A lot of people use Book Depository which has free international delivery. Alternatively I use the library a lot and in Wellington at least there are fantastic book shops - NZ has a lot of very interesting writers, most of whom are promoting the NZ literary scene in Germany right now as NZ is the guest country at the Frankfurt Book Fair.

Just received a DVD from Amazon.co.uk. They charged a nominal amount for shipping but deducted the VAT. With regular shipping it arrived in less than 10 days.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12