Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: White and Company shipping anyone else had problems ?

Default White and Company shipping anyone else had problems ?

Hi everyone been here 4 weeks now and so far so good . Just thought I would ask if anyone else has had a problem shipping their goods with White and Company ? They picked up our goods on 6th March in the UK promising a 6/8 week transit. We started contacting them May 1st as we had had no contact from them we were given the runaround for 10 days. Then on 11th May we received an email from them and I quote " good news your goods departed the UK on 11th May and will arrive in Auckland around 21st June". Not sure how they thought that was good news. It took them 9 weeks to get our goods from our home on to a ship . UNBELIEVABLE. So here we are going into winter with not much winter clothing,boots ect. only what we could fit in the cases. I am totaly fedup wearing the same few things all the time.Trying to get settled so far from home is hard enough without something like this making it harder. We emailed White and Company on 11th to ask what had gone wrong and why had it taken so long for our goods to leave the UK but so far no reply.

Hello and welcome.

So sorry to hear about your long wait. Whereabouts in NZ are you?

Red face Thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello and welcome.

So sorry to hear about your long wait. Whereabouts in NZ are you?
    Thanks for the reply much appreciated. We are in New Plymouth,Taranaki.

The reason for asking is a thought that there may be other forum members nearby who can suggest a source of temporary stuff to help you. I don't know that area, but in general, have you looked these? Op shops, TradeMe - you can always sell on again anything you don't still want when once your own things arrive. Neighbours and colleagues have been known to lend or sell secondhand furniture and e.g. kitchen things if you let them know there's a problem. And there are places where you can hire furniture and white goods. http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&sclie...w=1112&bih=768

We used White & Co in 2008 and had no problem. Everything arrived when it should (in fact I think it was a few days early) and the communication was good. Sorry you've had problems. Hope you don't have to wait much longer.

ditto to Nicky we used them in 2010 goods arrived ahead of schedule in fact Maf was the only delay and that was from WestCountry to Auckland are you going groupage because this could have delayed your stuff

Unhappy communication error reason for delay

Quote Originally Posted by nickydwuk View Post
    We used White & Co in 2008 and had no problem. Everything arrived when it should (in fact I think it was a few days early) and the communication was good. Sorry you've had problems. Hope you don't have to wait much longer.
    Thanks for all the support everyone finally got an apology and a reason for delay.Communication error . Our goods were at a warehouse in London and forgotten about I think ? Think this is a one off from White and Company they have a good reputation, just unlucky I guess.
    We are managing ok house is part furnished so not too bad. More clothing and personal stuff we are missing. Now it is colder would love my cosy dressing gown things like that. Can't go walking yet till boots arrive silly small things. Thanks again.

Is there anyway that the shipping company could offer some form of compensation since it's their fault that it got so delayed? A huge discount on shipping would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by itsellesi View Post
    Is there anyway that the shipping company could offer some form of compensation since it's their fault that it got so delayed? A huge discount on shipping would be nice.
    I was thinking the same thing. They must realise - if not, point it out to them in no uncertain terms - that it's getting colder here at quite the rate of knots, and your winter clothing is in your container. Ask them what (not "if") they're going to do to help out here.

It may be unlucky, but it is unacceptable to "forget". I would definitely be writing in a very firm tone to the person at the top of the company and requesting compensation for the extra things you have to buy. They must have given you an estimated time for delivery in writing on your original quotation? They may have a good reputation but that is now severely at stake once cases like this are discussed on public forums.
    Good luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast