Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qualification comaparable with IT

Default Qualification comaparable with IT

I sent my documents for NZQA assessment, i have a bachelor degree in Mathematics/Computer Sceince. I've applied for the EOI in 2nd of May and i got the ITA 2 days ago. i obtained additional points as i am working in the IT and have a qualification of Mathematics/Computer Science. The issue that in the ITA they mentioned that to obtain those point i should have a computer science bachelor degree. i am worried that may be they will not consider my qualification as they requested. because what i have is not pure Computer Science, it is two qualifications as well, Mathematics and computer Science, this is what mentioned in my Certificate. Any one can help me in that?

You will have to wait for NZQA assessment , no one else can predict their interpratation.

My guess/speculation is - NZQA will look into Computer science subjects you had on your course and they will try match it with their list of mimimum subjects that must be completed for Computer science degree in NZ , If you have completed the minimum subjects - then you should have Positive result.

This is pure speculation on my end and I have no working knowledge of NZQA or the process they follow to decide on international qualification.

What i have is ouble Major (Mathematics and Computer Science). i searched for New Zealand universities and i found that there some universitites give the same kind of Bachelor. Sure, I don't know the subjects they are teaching there but the bachelor has the same name. The question to you, if eventually they decided that i have Mathematics and Computer Science bachelor, does the INZ consider my qualification as it has computer science and they will accept my 15 extra points which i claimed from my computer science qualification?

The NAME doesn't really matter - that's why NZQA exists, because the same words can be applied in other countries to courses with very different content from what is required in NZ. The important thing will be how the IT component of your course matches up against what would be taught in an IT degree in NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    The NAME doesn't really matter - that's why NZQA exists, because the same words can be applied in other countries to courses with very different content from what is required in NZ. The important thing will be how the IT component of your course matches up against what would be taught in an IT degree in NZ.
    So let us assume that they will consider my degree as I mentioned above "Mathematics and Computer Science". In that case does INZ will consider me as holder of Computer science and they will agree on giving me the 15 additional points

Can any body give me the template or the assessment outcome. What NZQA mentioned in that report?

If the Computer Science part of your degree covers the same subject matter, studied to the same depth, as an NZ Computer Science degree, you will get your points.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    If the Computer Science part of your degree covers the same subject matter, studied to the same depth, as an NZ Computer Science degree, you will get your points.
    Thanks for you clarification, but from where the INZ will know that? does the NZQA mentioned that clearly in the assessment report? since i didn't see the report before, i don't know exactly what are the contents of it.

I haven't seen an IQA, so I don't know the format. Over to people who have gone through this process.

If you don't get any replies in the short term, I suggest starting another thread with an even more descriptive title. Maybe 'Computer Science as part of combined degree - did you get the bonus points?'

I agree with JandM, Also have you clearly speficied that you need assesment for Computer Degree (NOT Mathematics) to NZQA on your application? That should crear up any confusions at their end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast