Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's getting closer...

Default It's getting closer...

Hi All,

I've not posted for ages as i thought the forum was down - i've not long discovered it's back working again; phew!!
    Our EOI has been accepted with 170 points , and now we're just sorting our way through the mountain of paperwork we need to get together before we can apply for our visa. My OH's job is supposed to start in september so hopefully everything will run smoothly!!
    We've got 5 shipping companies coming out to see us over the next few weeks. After reading a useful thread on here it seems like they all have their good and bad points, but we've plumbed for Crown, PSS, Pickfords, Robinsons...and one more that i can't remember right now. I've got a list of questions for them all (again off here), and i think we'll just go with the one that feels right at the time.
    Next job on my list is to look at setting up a NZ bank account, and also a cash transfer account.
    Massively stressed that we are not going to sell our house, and might have to leave the UK with it still on the market. I know that wouldn't be the end of the world, but we're trying really hard to tie up all of our loose ends so we can make a fresh start straight away in NZ.
    Things have really started picking up speed now and we're feeling a bit daunted by it all, but we're just trying to remain focused on the future, and how happy we know we will be when we get there.
    Cheers all

Exciting times now Time will fly by and when all is over you will wonder why you worried. Most banks have an immigration dept. and the one we used were very helpful - even to the point of arranging a mortgage before we even arrived in the country All worth it in the end - good luck with it all

Great news.

Have fun with the paperwork

It is a palaver, he paperwork but don't worry...it all comes together in the end. The worst part is waiting to hear from the CO and getting every last piece of data they ask for. Hint given hem tons of corroborating evidence of your relationship. I've been with OH 25 years but they till wanted extra.

Best of luck to you. Now the real adventure begins.

Quote Originally Posted by dede View Post
    It is a palaver, he paperwork but don't worry...it all comes together in the end. The worst part is waiting to hear from the CO and getting every last piece of data they ask for. Hint given hem tons of corroborating evidence of your relationship. I've been with OH 25 years but they till wanted extra.
    Bloody hell, we've only been married 5 years this year!!! Thanks for the tip with that, i'll put in as much as we can get hold of

It is important to give lots of evidence to show your relationship, if you need any tips, Paul057, just ask. We aren't married yet and I got mine through without any additional information needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauralocks View Post
    It is important to give lots of evidence to show your relationship, if you need any tips, Paul057, just ask. We aren't married yet and I got mine through without any additional information needed.
    Hi Lauralocks. What type of stuff did you send if you don't mind me asking. So far we've got our marriage certificate, joint mortgage statement, bank statement and the kids birth certificates with both our names on. Enough do you think, or maybe more?

Thanks

Photographs of you both together at occasions, mail from official sources addressed to each of you at the shared address, invitations to you both together, tickets when you travelled together, each being named as the other's next of kin, or beneficiary on insurance, copy of children's school paperwork with you both noted as parents at the same address...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast