Thread: Christchurch branch-time processing

Default Christchurch branch-time processing

Hi, I am just wondering why Chch branch takes so long to process applications.? Is anyone has the same experience?
    I submitted my application (family category) August 2011, CO allocated 2nd of March 2012, sent her everything she asked for and now 3 month already complete silence. I don't know what to think.

I have similar experience with my SMC application: CO allocated Feb 2012, asked a few questions within first two weeks and then complete silence. Not sure if I would call it 'slow' because I do not have any standards to compare against. Their own timeline says 3-6 months after CO allocation and they are well within that. So it seems fair game. Whats the typical time for other branches within NZ?

On the other hand they were super quick with work visas. I applied on May 16, and just got an online notification and online services says it is approved.

There was huge disruption in Christchurch branch due to the earthquakes last year. Although the news has gone quiet about this, the whole city is still in the process of repair, involving relocation, restaffing, etc.. This may well have some bearing on what's happening to the INZ office, if some of their trained staff have had to move, or be replaced.

My work visa they also approved in two weeks. One of my friends submitted her application in Wellington branch in 6 month she was approved.

chch is far better than processing PR appns within NZL... welly has the longest timeframe, takes 4 months to allocate CO and then 6-9 months for a decision