Thread: Questions about stove/oven

Default Questions about stove/oven

Hi guys,
    We need to buy stove as our stove is broken and it's not worth of fixing.
    We went to Harvey Norman today and saw a stove which we quite like and the brand is UK brand called Belling.
    Now, to be honest we have never heard that brand. But apparently it has been on the market for 100 years (based on their website).

Therefore, anyone know this brand? are they any good?
    I checked at www.consumerreport.co.nz and we couldn't find the review of it.

Maybe people who used to live in UK or Britons would like to share some experience or comments, greatly appreciated.

Thanks much

Belling is now owned by Glen Dimplex and we had belling cookers in the UK and were very pleased with them.My Gran had a Belling for over 40 years and still had it when she went into a retirement home and never had a problem with it. They used to have a factory in Enfield ,Greater London and a friend of mine used to work there in quality control.Not sure if its still there? The problem I can see over here is that if you do need spares then the parts will have to come from the UK and you may have a long wait apart from that you should be ok.

Belling are really good, rugged cookers. When I was a student, the kitchens on every floor of every hall of residence had Bellings. You can imagine that hundreds of young people year by year aren't the kindest users, but there was next to never any problem with them.

Thank you guys, I will shop around first for sure. It just happens that Belling is the only stove with separate 2 oven doors.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Belling are really good, rugged cookers. When I was a student, the kitchens on every floor of every hall of residence had Bellings. You can imagine that hundreds of young people year by year aren't the kindest users, but there was next to never any problem with them.
    The question that immediately springs to my mind is whether they are still "really good, rugged cookers" or are they built in China now?

They've got a Queen's Award For Industry, so it looks as if they're doing something right.