Thread: Computer Science as part of combined degree - did you get the bonus points?

Default Computer Science as part of combined degree - did you get the bonus points?

Guys, i want you assistance in this subject, i was graduated from faculty of science- Cairo univeristy and i have a bachelor degree in "Mathematics and Computer Science" . when i applied for the EOI i claimed the 10 bonus point for the match of qualification and experience as i am working in the IT field. The INZ submitted the ITA 3 days ago and they mentioned that i claimed the bonus point and i should prove that i have bachelor of computer science. The question is will INZ gives me the bonus point or they wil decline my application?

My situation was slightly different but perhaps my solution can give you some ideas.

I hold a Master and a Bachelor combined in one degree : the Master is my initial degree, the Bachelor is a Teaching degree that I obtained during my last year of studies for the Master - a common system in my country but not so in NZ.

At first my EOI was refused for not having the required level 7 degree. I asked my university for an explanatory letter, a transcript of the courses and subjects and all additional info they could provide to prove that I was holding both a level 9 and a level 7 degree and that the second one was a proper teaching degree. I also turned to NZQA and they provided me as well with a letter that they assessed my qualifications and that I was also holding a Bachelor degree in teaching, comparable to a NZ level 7 teaching degree.

Upon receipt of all this documentation, EOI was accepted and points and bonuspoints were granted.

May be you can do something similar and build a very solid case with lots of proof and detailed information confirming that your degree is comparable to the level 7 NZ Bachelor in Computer Science. Eventhough the situation is different, I'd say, just use whatever means you have and ask everybody you know with some authority for help.

I already got my IQA yesterday, they consider my bachelor as level 7 and equal to New Zealand Computer Science Bachelor