Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USA tourist visa declined

Default USA tourist visa declined

I've applied for the USA tourist visa 4 months ago, and they refused to give it to me, as i am egyptian living in UAE, and the reason for this refusal is the i don't have strong family ties in UAE. i was applying with my family (my wife and my child as well). in the EOI, i clearly mentioned that i have been refused to grant this visa due to the above reasons although i got it before 5 years multiple entries. in my ITA they mentioned that this is my be risk in my character and my wife too. Does it affect my application? i didn't do anything wrong in my life and the refusal of giving toursit visa has a lot of reasons one of the reason is financially or family ties as my case. any one experienced this before

I see - you are concerned that this refusal to give you entry to the USA may affect acceptance into NZ.

As you can see, INZ look carefully at any earlier visa refusal. This is in case it means that some other country has found that the applicant is a threat, or undesirable in some way. You will very likely need to supply a copy of the refusal so they can see that it was not due to a fault in you.

I have just found this old thread where someone else had had a visa declined by a different country. It may be of interest to you to see what the INZ CO asked him about it, and the advice given by other forum members. http://nzandyou.freeforums.org/post859.html?hilit=job tourist#p859

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I see - you are concerned that this refusal to give you entry to the USA may affect acceptance into NZ.

As you can see, INZ look carefully at any earlier visa refusal. This is in case it means that some other country has found that the applicant is a threat, or undesirable in some way. You will very likely need to supply a copy of the refusal so they can see that it was not due to a fault in you.
    Fortunately, I got a document from their side that the refusal reason is there is no strong economical or social ties with the residence country and they are not sure if they give me the visa i will back again to myresidence country or no. They gave me the paper when they informed me about that. But the issue is that the paper hs no signature or stamp, it is just a paper with USA embassy logo only. it is like a photocopy. and they usually giving it to the people whoe refused to grant a visa. is that sufficient to INZ? as this is not a threaten to the NZ security at all.
    Last edited by hmlamie; 21st May 2012 at 05:30 PM.

All you can do is submit this when asked. If they need anything further, they will ask you, and you may need to contact the US embassy for a further letter. Actually, it would not be a bad idea to contact them anyway, so you get this same information in a letter specifically addressed to you, and linked to that particular time you applied.

All you can do is submit this when asked. If they need anything further, they will ask you, and you may need to contact the US embassy for a further letter. Actually, it would not be a bad idea to contact them anyway, so you get this same information in a letter specifically addressed to you, and linked to that particular time you applied.
    Thanks for advice, let us see what they will ask from me. Maybe they will not ask about anything (I don't know). By the way what happened to me is very normal here in this part of the world, as maybe for financial or social reasons the embassy refuse to give you a visa and after a while when you apply again they will give it to you.

You know, i will try to contact them, but most probably, it will lead to nothing as they will not answer me.

Then you send to INZ copies of letters that you sent to the US embassy asking for the information, and state that you have had no reply. What you are doing is proving that you have done your best to supply what is needed, and it's not your fault that another official agency would not cooperate.

Then you send to INZ copies of letters that you sent to the US embassy asking for the information, and state that you have had no reply. What you are doing is proving that you have done your best to supply what is needed, and it's not your fault that another official agency would not cooperate.
    Sorry JandM, i know that this is a silly question. but what is the mean of commnication i should use to communicate with the embassy? shall i send them an Email or what?

If you look up the website of the particular US embassy that you applied to, almost certainly on that website, there will be a 'Contact us' section. In your place, I think I would send the same message by all the written means they offer, e.g. email, ordinary letter, and fax (if it's there), stating that you are in urgent need of this information and therefore are sending duplicates, and that you would appreciate a reply by x date. Keep dated copies of everything you send. Then you can show INZ that you have done everything you possibly could.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast