Thread: 150 points but not in Essential Skills or Absolute Shortage- who gets priority?

Default 150 points but not in Essential Skills or Absolute Shortage- who gets priority?

Hi there everyone- some help please, well received..

Skilled Migrant Category- I'm from UK and in UK now.

I have 150 points for an MSc, Job Offer and work experience, am 35.

I am not claiming points for either being on Essential Skills Lsit/Future Growth Areas/Absolute Shortage- I am a Sales and Marketing Manager- 131112.
    Will people who have the same amount of points as me but who ARE claiming for Essential Skills and/or Absolute Shortage likely to be considered before me?
    Are those like me with 150+ points almost always being granted perm. residency? I mean, do they accept those with the highest points after an ITA, or are the total number of points irrelevant once you have an ITA?

Also I am a Sales and Marketing Manager (as above) but also in 'Advertising Services' L785100 (which obviously isnt a job title itself but can mean more then one discipline) should I note I feel I fit under two job title categories?

Thanks so much for your help guys!

As far as I know you will get selected from pool immediately because you're over 140 points, and it is not done by men, so it doesn't matter why you have these points. After that I don't know how they proceed regarding to who has priority...

I'm sure some more experienced people will know what to tell you.

With your points you will be selected nd with a job offer you will be prioritized.

Hello and welcome.

You will be selected at once, and will be in the priority group. But points are only relevant to the selection - after you have your ITA, they're irrelevant. In your situation as you've told it above, you would have to have seriously miscalculated something not to get Residence - but of course, you're going to feel the tension until you're told it for definite, and not by us!

Yes, only points are the matter, no one cares if you have 200 or 150 or 350