Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nz Pr result duration after interview

Unhappy Nz Pr result duration after interview

Hi All,
    Hope things are fine with everyone.. Just wondering if someone could advice me.

I have applied for NZ pr in Beijing Branch.
    EOI submitted: Apr-2010
    ITA: May-2010
    Application Lodged: Aug-2010
    CO Assigned: Sep-2011
    Interview: Feb-2012
    RESULTS : Waiting, waiting, waiting...

Interview officer informed us that I can expect my final results in 4 to 6 weeks but until now NO WORD from them. When contacted CO informed that the application is under 3rd party check.

Can someone pls tell me what is this 3rd party check and how long should I wait for the results.

Hello and welcome.

It is standard procedure for every case to be looked over by another officer after your CO has come to a conclusion, before you are told the final result. This is to check in case of any mistake, and also to guard against any possibility of fraud. There is no way to tell how long the wait will be, as it is dependent upon workloads in the INZ office.

hi jandm,

is it not 2nd person check?

3rd party check is something outsourced by INZ, an agency works behalf of them to verify previous work, studies and relationship claimed.

correct me if i am wrong

Cheers

Well, I see your point, and that certainly does happen. It seemed unlikely, though, that it would be happening after the interview, don't you think?

Anyway, chaachi, you now have two possibilities...

Thanks JandM & NZprasun for your reply.
    I too heard from some friends that it may be a 3rd party doing the background check on NZ immigration's behalf. But not sure why they are doing it after the i'view.
    Is this common for all cases? I am bit worried why they are doing it for me. Its more than 3 months , since my i'view.

Hi Friends,
    I have applied PR under Skilled migration category and my case is handled by Beijing branch. I have claimed 125 Points. What should I expect, a PR or WTR?
    As like most of us I am not able to secure a Job in NZ. It's again the hen & Egg story- which came first?
    NZ immigration will not give me a PR until i get a Job Offer and no NZ Companies will offer me a Job until I have rights to live & work in NZ.

What should I expect, a PR or WTR?
    These are now called Residence or a Job Search Visa. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../residence.htm

Nobody can tell you what to expect. It largely depends on the outcome of the interview with your CO, that you will have near the end of the processing of your application as you don't have a job offer. Here are the details of what the interview is designed to find out. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/index.htm Go to Residence » Skilled Migrant Category » SM21 Settlement and Contribution Requirements » SM21.10 Assessment of whether a principal applicant can realise their potential to successfully settle and contribute.

There are many old threads on the forum about Interview Questions.

hi chaachi.. how are you? did you get any update on your case?
    i think they do all verification before interview...

Hi Chaachi,

There are two different things. Security check and Third party check. Security check is related to your nationality. It means that if you are from a certain countries (20+) so they will send your case for extra security check which is done by other organisation (not immigration) and it is only related to your identification (something similar to FBI check).
    Third party check is mainly related to your claimed work. For assessment of your application, your officer should contact all of your claimed work place to verify them. For any reason such as a language if they can not verify your claimed work, then they ask a third party (such as embassy of NZ in that country or so on) to call your previous boss to verify it. This procedure usually adds a significant delay on assessment of your application.

Quote Originally Posted by ernesto83s View Post
    Hi Chaachi,

There are two different things. Security check and Third party check. Security check is related to your nationality. It means that if you are from a certain countries (20+) so they will send your case for extra security check which is done by other organisation (not immigration) and it is only related to your identification (something similar to FBI check).
    Third party check is mainly related to your claimed work. For assessment of your application, your officer should contact all of your claimed work place to verify them. For any reason such as a language if they can not verify your claimed work, then they ask a third party (such as embassy of NZ in that country or so on) to call your previous boss to verify it. This procedure usually adds a significant delay on assessment of your application.

Hi Ernest,
    Thanks for your explanation. I have not received any reply yet. Still waiting with fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast