Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cananadian Police clearance record for INZ

Default Cananadian Police clearance record for INZ

Dear Canadian fellowers,
    I went to Commissionares in Alberta today and asked for police record. The staff told me that the quickest way is to search national criminal records repository maintained by RCMP with applicant's name and date of birth. If the result is negative, it means no criminal record in the datebase by this name and date birth. If the result is positive, request fingerprint submission in case two persons with the same name and date of birth.
    I received the record (title: Canadian Police Certificate) issued by Chief of police, Charlottetown Police Services, Charlottetown, PE and the result is " no record found". But my immigration advisor says that this certificate is not acceptable. The Certificate must be issued by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), there is applicant's fingerprint at the bottom of this certificate.
    Do you guys know if my Certificate is acceptable by INZ? If not, how to request RCMP certificate in the shortest period?
    Thanks.
    David

This may not be much help since I'm not sure if things have changed since I submitted my police check with my application last August, but my certificate was a simple letter from the RCMP stating no criminal record, and there were no fingerprints.

do you sumbit paper fingerprint or electronic fingerprint to RCMP?

Nope, just had to request the record check and it was mailed to me a few weeks later. They did not require fingerprints, but I'm not sure if the rules have changed since last year.

RCMP issued you report or another police bureau? I have report searched in national criminal records repository with name and date of birth. But my immigration advisor said it won't be accepted by INZ. The police record must be issued by RCMP with fingerprint search.

I did mine 6 weeks ago and did submit finger prints. I'm in Vancouver and originally I was gonna go to the VPD's new shop out on Boundary (the old Vanoc building). But the woman there suggested I go to one of the private places downtown. And she was right: they did the fingerprinting digitally and send everything electronically to the RCMP. I had my certificate based on the fingerprints in less than 10 days.

I also need US and Aussie (I've been around the block) and they did those manual prints as well, and supplied the forms needed. Very efficient.

Why don't you call INZ and check with them directly. I know you are going through an Immigration Advisor but that doesn't stop you from making general inquries yourself. If you then find the advisor is wrong I would quesiton what you are paying them for!

Check following 2 links
    1) http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra.../cd/canada.htm

2) http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-eng.htm

Quote Originally Posted by tiger2012 View Post
    Dear Canadian fellowers,
    I went to Commissionares in Alberta today and asked for police record. The staff told me that the quickest way is to search national criminal records repository maintained by RCMP with applicant's name and date of birth. If the result is negative, it means no criminal record in the datebase by this name and date birth. If the result is positive, request fingerprint submission in case two persons with the same name and date of birth.
    I received the record (title: Canadian Police Certificate) issued by Chief of police, Charlottetown Police Services, Charlottetown, PE and the result is " no record found". But my immigration advisor says that this certificate is not acceptable. The Certificate must be issued by Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP), there is applicant's fingerprint at the bottom of this certificate.
    Do you guys know if my Certificate is acceptable by INZ? If not, how to request RCMP certificate in the shortest period?
    Thanks.
    David

INZ requires the RCMP police clearance. Do electronic fingerprints, it takes about 5 days. I just did it back in Febuary.

G-Mo: were you skilled migrant, family class or ? Your timeframe looks FAST!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast