Thread: oz or nz for overseas qualified nurses?

Wink oz or nz for overseas qualified nurses?

which one is the place to be? any insights especially to those nurses or who has friends who had undergone the briging progrAm and was able to secure a job? i heard the slots for the said course is quite
    full in nz with the influx of nurses from abroad.

I have no idea about the course you are talking about as I did not have to take it but there a a ton of overseas nurses here. About 1/3-1/2 of the nurses in our dept are foreign, quite a few philippinos. I think if you are moving to make money then NZ is not the place to move to, defintely look at OZ. If you are looking for a lifestyle change (slower, mor elaid back) then I would look at NZ. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hagabel View Post
    I have no idea about the course you are talking about as I did not have to take it but there a a ton of overseas nurses here. About 1/3-1/2 of the nurses in our dept are foreign, quite a few philippinos. I think if you are moving to make money then NZ is not the place to move to, defintely look at OZ. If you are looking for a lifestyle change (slower, mor elaid back) then I would look at NZ. Good luck.
    yes. thank you. i'll take these into consideration

Just make sure said program will allow you registration (contact them directly), as there's been a lot on the news recently of foreign nurses doing a program that they had been led to believe would allow them to practice in NZ, but in the end it didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by dilanium View Post
    Just make sure said program will allow you registration (contact them directly), as there's been a lot on the news recently of foreign nurses doing a program that they had been led to believe would allow them to practice in NZ, but in the end it didn't.
    yup, thank you. i am aware of this scam and i will not indulge taking risks just to be in a foreign country with a student visa taking a different pathway not related to nursing. this may be an expedite process compared with the normal process of applying alone but it sure is not worth the money and time. thorough planning should be made in advance. with the help of modern technology like the internet, we all have the resources needed instantly. with the emergence of forums like this and with the presence of selfless forumers who contribute updated information with the rest, there is a sure chance to succeed in whatever endeavor we wish to tread.