Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help me with your business ideas about what New Zealand lacks please.

High-speed unlimited data broadband! Might be tricky to import, though.
    Fiber optic to the door is already available in Christchurch (at least the infrastructure is in full swing). For unlimited data use, the price is expensive - like $300/month. Still, the option for such a plan is available if you live in the right area in NZ.

As to the original post. I would sure like to see a decent donut shop like Tim Hortons http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/index.html - the donuts you buy at the grocery stores (Pak n' Save, Countdown, etc) are not worthy to even look at.

All in all, I would be more inclined to exporting NZ products to China than trying to think up of something to have made in China and brought into NZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_BQ View Post
    As to the original post. I would sure like to see a decent donut shop like Tim Hortons http://www.timhortons.com/ca/en/index.html - the donuts you buy at the grocery stores (Pak n' Save, Countdown, etc) are not worthy to even look at.
    YES! some nice light fluffy donuts! not those heavy cake ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_BQ View Post
    the donuts you buy at the grocery stores (Pak n' Save, Countdown, etc) are not worthy to even look at.
    OH says the same about brownies as well, on one rare occasion we got really good brownies from New World (but that was just one of the day)

Really good ice-cream like Ben and Jerry's or Haagan Das....haven't found anything comparable here yet.

I'm told, fennel flavoured toothpaste and Badedas shampoo...

Double glazing and central heating! And US size bed linen!

Good ECom website to compete with Trademe

The only thing I haven't found is Marigold bouillon powder.
    Although I have to admit to my great shame that I did order bed linen from the UK because I wanted something radical like a nice design and it being made of cotton.
    Books at a decent price. I hate buying stuff from the book depository as there are such great independent bookshops in Wellington and i know a lot of people in the book industry but they are just sooooo much cheaper....

Not sure why Dunkin Donuts haven't spread further than Auckland (unless they have since I left). Seems to be huge potential.

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi. View Post
    Not sure why Dunkin Donuts haven't spread further than Auckland (unless they have since I left). Seems to be huge potential.
    My son just arrived from Wellington and brought a box of donuts with him..., not Dunkin Donuts, but Donut King..., for me it is the same as Dunkin Donuts. So that might be the equivalent?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast