Thread: NZ to UK on a USA passport?

Default NZ to UK on a USA passport?

Planning a trip for youngest son(5) and I in next 2 yrs back to the UK. We have US passports but also UK citizenship, just don't have current passports at present. Is it worth getting passports for travelling back? Does anyone know if you have to have a visa as a US citizen to enter UK for 2-3 weeks?
    Again we are dual citizines with NZ residency.

Thanks.

As US citizens, you don't have to have a visa to enter the UK http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/vi...general/visa/#, so you would certainly be able to go in as foreigners. I don't know where you would stand, being UK citizens without the passports to show it - almost certainly not able to go in through the quicker immigration queue, I suppose.

As with the INZ website, there's a lot of information on other pages off that link.

You would have to go through the "long" line but other than that you should be good to go.

Yeah, we've done that with our passports in at the NZ House. The US cares if you come on with a passport which isn't US but the UK doesn't.

We normally enter a country on the passport of that country if we are citizens of it, even though it's a bit of a pain to schlep all those passports around. W also leave the country on that passport.

I don't think there is anything illegal about doing it differently, but that is the recommendation. Could you just check with the relevant people if there is a pressing reason to do this?

Daniela