Thread: My Qualifications and My Spouse's Qualifications pre-assessment. ( Please help)

Default My Qualifications and My Spouse's Qualifications pre-assessment. ( Please help)

Hi:

I sent my application and my spouse's application to NAZQ on 21st of May....After 2 days they sent me this email:

" In order to progress your application we the following information from you before your Pre-Assessment Result (PAR) can be processed.

Your master degree is a teaching related qualification. Currently you are a lecturer of a university. In New Zealand registration is not required to teach at post secondary level. If you have any plan to teach in primary and secondary level in New Zealand, to do that registration is required as an initial teacher and you need to submit application for an full assessment. We can refund your PAR application fee.

If you do not intend to teach in primary and secondary level in New Zealand, we can assess your qualification at PAR stage. Please confirm if would like us to go ahead with a PAR assessment of your master degree."

What does that mean??? Do they accept my MA degree as it's comparable to NZ qualification??????

Does that mean that they accept the BA degree as they accept my BA??

What is the best answer for this email???

Thank you.
    Regards,
    Louay

They haven't reviewed them yet. It means if you want to only teach at university-level they can proceed with the PAR, but if you want your qualifications to be assessed for a possible teacher registration for employment in any pre-tertiary school, there is a standard teacher registration process that must be followed.

Will you want to teach children or young adults prior to university level studies? If not, you can have them move forward with PAR.

Hey,
    Thank you for yoru reply, I really appreciate it.
    I asked for PAR assessment for immigration purposes......I'll go for the full assessment after I send my EOI.
    When my immigration application is approved ....I will decide for teaching.
    Thank you for explaining.
    Regatds,

You can save the money and have only the full assessment if you know you're going to get it done anyway - that also counts for EOI. You don't HAVE to have PAR.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You can save the money and have only the full assessment if you know you're going to get it done anyway - that also counts for EOI. You don't HAVE to have PAR.
    That's right...But if they don't accept my MA. degree as comparable to the one in NZ....I will pay a lot of money for nothing.....So, I thought it's better to pay a little to be sure of the result then I will go to the full assessment....What's ur opinion???

PAR results aren't a guarantee of correlating results from the full assessment. When I had my qualifications assessed I did the PAR, but I later wished I had just jumped straight to the full assessment anyway as it was required as part of my ITA and having the PAR didn't really make me stress any less about what the final outcome would be.

If I were to personally do it again, I would just head straight into the full assessment.

I agree- personally I think the full is better (and far more useful).