Thread: Employment Restrictions after Residency Approved ???

Default Employment Restrictions after Residency Approved ???

Our residency was "approved" last week. We received the letter explaining that it was 'Approved in Principle' based on us meeting the conditions of: paying the Migrant Levy Fee and sending in our passports.
    I have done that, but have yet to get the passports back.
    I came in under the SMC with a job offer and have been employed here in NZ for the past six months.

My question is: Is it possible that INZ will require that I continue working for the same employer for a certain amount of time?

Ask your CO to be certain. I think they normally say in the letter if the visa is going to have any conditions. (A Section 49(1) condition about working for the employer who has made you the offer is usually that you should work for that person for three months, so it's hard to see how they could do that when you've already done it, if you see what I mean.)

Yep, cheers for that!

residency approved online 30 july, but still my lawyer haven't received anything i don't know what is happening? please help me. Normally it will take around 2 working days after online status approved, but today 7 days gone past not heard from my lawyer anything, I am dying out here, because no email from case officer, please help me

Normally it will take around 2 working days after online status approved
    I don't know where you got this idea. Many people have had a wait of 1 - 2 weeks before any email came from the CO. And are you sure notification has not gone to the lawyer, and he has just not got around to telling you? - that is something to check. (If he just didn't tell you, get VERY annoyed!)

Probably, if you designated a lawyer to act for you, you don't have details for contacting your CO yourself. If that is the case, and if neither you nor the lawyer have heard anything after another week, get your lawyer to ask when you can expect to get the formal notification.

Quote Originally Posted by marg View Post
    residency approved online 30 july, but still my lawyer haven't received anything i don't know what is happening? please help me. Normally it will take around 2 working days after online status approved, but today 7 days gone past not heard from my lawyer anything, I am dying out here, because no email from case officer, please help me
    No worries it took more than 10 days to receieve email from CO. There is noting to be worried. If your online status has changed to "Approved" it means that you must be ready to move NZ.