Hi everyone,

We have been in Christchurch for about 5 weeks now. The first 5 days were spent in the campavan, followed by 2 weeks in a holiday home somewhere at the east of CBD. Then by God's grace we got a fully-furnished 3-bedroom small rented house in north west chch, just 4 houses away from the school where the boys are going .

The school here is indeed very different from where I came from. There are no text books and only the exercise books and they are all kept in school. Basically the boys bring only PE uniform, sports shoes, lunch box and water bottle to school. And everyday there are sports and sports only. I don't know what they learn academically. In Malaysia, they had tones of books in their school bags and lots of homework as well. Here, they only talk to me about what sports they play, which team they are in and which schools they compete with every Friday. I think they love school...yeah...I think they love school here .

A week into work, OH was informed that his office was not safe and everybody was allowed to work from home. What a great news! But he has to be based in his client's place. So, a bit disappointing for him. But overall, he's doing well in his new work place.

Just 5 weeks in Chch, and I had experienced 2 times the power of EQ. Yesterday's one was indeed scary . Wasn't sure what to do. Rushed to doorway and the shake stopped. Heart was pounding. Hope this was the last quake I felt...but very unlikely!! Yeah...not a bad experience but I would never want to have it again for the rest of my life if possible!

Well, everything is so far so good. The weather is crazily cold, outside as well as inside the house! Somehow quite miss the warm weather back in Malaysia. Anyway, we are all fine and slowyly settling in now.