Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bunnings, anyone?

Default Bunnings, anyone?

Hello,
    Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but here goes: has anyone heard of Bunnings? They appear to be like the UK's B&Q. Any info on reputation, place to work, etc etc gratefully received.
    Gil

Gil - Kenny spends hours and hours and hours and hours and hours there......

I'll let him tell you about them.....!

Thanks!!
    Gil

Yup its a kind of B & Q place, prices are quite reasonable, and the staff we have come across so far have been helpful.

Not much else to add really, great help arent I???

staff are good, layout is so similar that it feels like being in B & Q but some of the stuff there is a bit too cheap and is inclined to fall apart. not all, just some.

Thanks jubjub and veronica, great to hear your views,
    Gil

We're not advocates of Bunnings Cheap? Yes! But we haven't been happy with the quality of stuff we've bought there (stuff falling apart, not "up to the job", etc) so it's cost us more in the end.

Don't have a Bunnings in Dunedin, but rumour has it there is one due to be built.

Do have a a John's mitre 10 (competeitor / equivelent) with a Mitre 10 mega on the way. Ian (the OH) is getting excited about this... he almost wet himself with excitment when he realised Mitre 10 had a drive through part and he could drive the truck into the warehouse to collect the bits
    boys and their boys toys shops

Bunnings seem to run their stores with skeleton workforce, sometimes we have to walk from one end to the other end, to locate their staff for some product enquiries. We feel that the service in Bunnings do not measure up, compare to Mitre10.

I find myself in Placemakers more these days.... not sure on where they sit price-wise. Bought paint in Placemakers today - great service, bloomin' expensive paint again tho I could probably get it cheaper somewhere, but to be honest, I'd rather pay the extra $5 - $10 for the convenience

More info:http://www.placemakers.co.nz/

I'm wandering whether there's any mileage in shipping over a container of water-based paint from UK and having a weekly "garage sale"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast