Thread: Pet/Cat travel

Default Pet/Cat travel

Hi All,

I know this has been discussed before. I have had a look at Airpets near Heathrow as they are the closest to Reading which is where our cat is. Has anyone had experience of them?

I am aware that Golden Arrow is highly recommended, however transporting our cat to them and him then back to the Airport (LHR) to fly to Auckland seems like unnecessary stress for him.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thanks

Check out the prices, we found that the difference between Airpets and GA made it well worth using GA. I would definitely recommend GA, but Airpets gave us a ridiculously high quote compared to others.

GA came and collected our dogs from our house (in Luton, Beds) took them back to their kennels then after a few weeks transported them down to LHR. No stress involved for the dogs or long drives for us.

We had the choice between Golden Arrow and Airpets and although Airpets were 100 gbp dearer that included picking our cats up whereas we would have had to take our cats to Shropshire with Golden arrow and at that time GA were unable to pick them up

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

If you search the 'Making the Move' forum for Airpets, you'll return a number of different threads that mention them and they might answer your question. I would have also titled your thread "Has anyone used Airpets?" or "Airpets vs Golden Arrow" - makes it more obvious and people with direct experience will easily spot your thread and therefore be more likely to answer

Thanks all, apologies if I may have named the subject header a bit general. I will contact GA to get a comparison.