Thread: Taking your medical records

Default Taking your medical records

I have requested my medical records from the doctors, I have to do it for the hospital as well (will cost a fortune my file is large) But do we have to get copies from our dentist??

Thanks

I've heard before about people paying per page for copies of medical records. In case you haven't found this, notice there is a set rate, regardless of the amount of content of your records. http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/thenhs/...hat_to_do.aspx

Wow thats gone up. I Paid 20gbp when I had all my records copied . they went back a long way so were not on computer. This was in 2007 and I was told 20 was the most they could charge. Now its 50. I would not bother with the dentist as they xray your teeth and can see straight away what you have had done wheras its different with medical records

I got copies of my medical record from my GP (around 50GBP), maternity/pregnancy notes from the hospital (around 30GBP) and also dental records (which were free, hurray!).

To be honest I think most of the time they just make a number up about what to charge you because each person at the GP surgery said a different figure!

My plan is to get one detailed letter from my physician related to prescriptions--nothing else. I assume any GP worth their salt will need to assess/differentially diagnose to confirm before getting me sorted with an NZ script.

Perhaps I'm being (too) optimistic?