Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Medical Assessor - medical certificate referred to the MA

Unhappy Medical Assessor - medical certificate referred to the MA

Hello to all:

Is it normal that a medical certificate referred to the MA and almost 6 weeks passed yet heard nothing at all?

sent a mail to CO who said the process can take "up to 3 weeks" and already almost 3 weeks more then what he mentioned.

Is there really a MA assissing my medical or it is just being neglect for some reason as often this kind of thing happen in this country....

anyone has a clue?

Hello and welcome.

There most certainly is an MAs' department where your medical has been sent. If it so happens that a lot of medicals happen to have been referred at the same time as yours, each one can take time in a queue waiting for attention because of the unpredictable workload - every file does not get looked at the moment it arrives. On average, three weeks is the turnaround time, but there is never a promise of exact timing in any individual case.

That said, since your CO said 'three weeks', you are within your rights to ask if s/he has any news yet, but be aware that no CO has any direct influence over the MAs, who are in a completely different department.

So far I have found that my CO has been very forthcoming as long as I don't pester her and I'm being polite and asking direct questions. They seem to be pretty professional. I don't think it would hurt to ask. I believe that medicals are sent in batches to the medical officers. I'm in the same boat as you and it is frustrating...but hopefully you will be OK soon.

Thank you for both of your reply!

I sent a mail to the CO and asked already but all he came back to me was: (Original mail)

"As I said - I will be in contact with you as soon as I have received your documents back.

To date - these have not been received.

I will contact you when I have them."

I understand that the CO can no do anything to influence the MA but he said to me "up to 3 weeks", from my understanding, when someone says like this, it means maxium

timeframe will be 3 weeks and if nothing came back the CO should do a follow up even they have restrict contact to the MA, or at least do something.

I know all I should do is just wait but I have a oversea plan on July which I told the CO from day 1.

Is it really no possible to have someone to help and find out the estimate time left for the certificate to be assessed? This is just ridiculous for the endless waitting and no one has

the contact with the MA...

So annoy!!!

I'm afraid you are falling into the same trap as quite a lot of people do when wanting to immigrate - assuming that they are in the position of a customer purchasing a service from INZ. This isn't the case. A better equivalent is that you have knocked at the door of someone's house, asking if you may come in, and now the householder is going to check who you are and whether there are good reasons for them to want you inside. New Zealand, represented by INZ, is the party with rights here, not any applicant.

You are in the hands of a huge bureaucracy with regulations it has to follow, and at any moment, it is also dealing with thousands of other people's files, working by date-order queues in every department. Every one of those people feels exactly the same sense of urgency and the importance of their own wishes as you do, but those feelings are totally irrelevant to what will happen to their case.

I have a oversea plan on July which I told the CO from day 1.
    I'm sorry, but you have things backwards. You have to have an appropriate visa in order to be able to do anything in NZ. Only when you have approval (which depends on everything in your application being checked out as satisfactory, which in turn involves your file going through all those date-ordered queues) can you make definite plans. I know this is not what you will wish to hear, but it is so.

We have seen many posts here over the years from people feeling the same way you do. Truly, you will save yourself much frustration if you can alter the way you think about your dealings with INZ. People who repeatedly argue that this or that *ought* to be the way of things are going to be disappointed. INZ officials are administering the law of the country you want to go to, which you will have to live by - it's not up for discussion. Taking a combattive attitude to the law when communicating with a government official is not going to help your case.

I totaly understand what you are saying.

My medical has a problem which I never had in my entire life and nothing happened while I did my last 3 full medical check in NZ and that is why I made other plan after I have

my visa re-newed as cheap ticket does no wait for and all the sudden I have this medical problem I don't even know why the heck and where the heck I got it from. Even though

I know it is nothing since my GP request for further test before I submit my application and the result was negitive.

I totally agree with you as from the reply of the CO, I can see I am just like talking to a wall, pointless. I guess there's really no point to discuss it further with those people,

would be better to save my breath to do some other things. Thank you for your reply!!

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyLo View Post
    Hello to all:

Is it normal that a medical certificate referred to the MA and almost 6 weeks passed yet heard nothing at all?

sent a mail to CO who said the process can take "up to 3 weeks" and already almost 3 weeks more then what he mentioned.

Is there really a MA assissing my medical or it is just being neglect for some reason as often this kind of thing happen in this country....

anyone has a clue?
    I have the same problem. It's been 2 monts since I send the aditional medical examinations to my CO and they still haven't been returned to him. How long did you have to wait at the end?

Oh, that doesn't sound good. The first med data I send back to the London Office in early May took 3 calendar weeks to process - they wanted more! I sent the second batch fast mail to them, late May, was told 3-4 weeks and I was hoping that I'd hear this week. Good luck. Hopefully we will both hear soon. I know that people tell you patience is a virtue. You have to be patient with them when they tell you this - 'cos they aren't the ones waiting!

I got my clearence after 6 weeks of waiting. No further result was needed!!

It was not fun at all as you have no idea what is going on....

Question

BTW, where are those MAs located?
    I believe in NZ, right?

If the application needs to be handled by e.g. London branch or Bangkok branch.
    Does the medical report need to be forwarded to MAs located in NZ or each branch has their own MA department ?

BTW, MA referral only happens in permanent residence process or it happens in temporary working visa process as well?
    Last edited by keylogger; 21st June 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast