Thread: Carpentry?

Default Carpentry?

Hi All,

I can see that Carpentry is on the LTSS to level 3, but is this the same as a level 3 in the UK, like a NVQ level 3?

Also the LTSS doesn't mention experience, is there a general rule, or is it that the more work experience the more points?

Thanks for any help.

Hello Daffy

NVQ's are rated one step higher by the NZQA, so your level three should be assessed as a level 4 by NZ standards.

I would suggest you look through the NZQA site and identify the equivalent NZ qualification you have and mention this on your application. This helps them better asses your qualification.

you can claim points for work experience, the more years experience the better

Good Luck

Keith & Debby

Default Re: Carpentry?

Quote Originally Posted by Daffy
    Hi All,

I can see that Carpentry is on the LTSS to level 3, but is this the same as a level 3 in the UK, like a NVQ level 3?

Also the LTSS doesn't mention experience, is there a general rule, or is it that the more work experience the more points?

Thanks for any help.
    Hi Daffy
    I have City and Guilds and Advanced Craft City and Guilds this was assessed as Level 4 New Zealand standards.
    Hope this helps

Daffy

Hubby is a chippie and he was assessed at level 4, they asked to see proof of his apprenticeship!

Hope this helps

Thanks every for your input. Much appreciated.