Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Degree's & Certificates & NZQA

Hi Orcablue
    Looking at the Certificates from NIIT (India) - these are Professional Courses, which are not recognized by Univ. in India itself. I am no way trying to demoralize you, being Indian and having experience in hiring candidates back in India, I am saying by my experience.

No problem hemanshumistry.

The degree program I enrolled recognized the diploma cert under accreditation of prior learning...hopefully no objections from NZQA.

Also, just to update:
    After passing the original certs & email verification from University, NZQA still requires proof that the course I have taken has been approved by Malaysian govt. I guess this is because the degree program is a franchise. Anyway I have submitted to NZQA a letter from MOHE (Ministry of Higher Education malaysia) that states the approval.

NZQA is now checking with MOHE on the authenticity of the letter. I wonder how NZQA will communicate with MOHE....cuz Malaysian govt agencies are the epitome of "silence is golden". I informed NZQA that I dont mind making a trip to MOHE physically but they told me "they will let me know if I need to be involved".

Sigh, its been over 2 months already and status is still stuck at Accreditation of Institution.

I Hope it gets sorted out , Good Luck.

I just checked the NZQA portal. Previously my status was stuck under "Accreditation of Institution".

Today when i logged in, it was "Progress information is not currently available"!!!

ack i would've liked the status to move from 'accreditation', but this is not what i expected....

~its gonna be a heartache tonight, a heartache tonight~ glenn frey
    Last edited by orcablue; 22nd June 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orcablue View Post
    I just checked the NZQA portal. Previously my status was stuck under "Accreditation of Institution".

Today when i logged in, it was "Progress information is not currently available"!!!

ack i would've liked the status to move from 'accreditation', but this is not what i expected....

~its gonna be a heartache tonight, a heartache tonight~ glenn frey
    Hi Orcablue,

Don't worry about the "Progress information is not currently available". This is a temporary error message when the system is on maintenance mode. Even, I got shocked few times. Try to login tomorrow morning, you can see the status there.

All the best.

Received the NZQA courier and got the Level 7 with 360 credits. Have to gather the rest of the documents to submit for SFV process.
    All the best for those who are waiting for the IQA result.

Congratz man

Mine is still stuck at "accreditation of Institution", so im still waiting. I hope i get a 7 as well

Finally got the report from NZQA.

Its "outcome type unspecified", but a level 7.

I wonder if any of you have related experience in requesting reassessment?

This is what I did in the initial IQA application:
    I submitted my degree with Yr3 transcript. I submitted my diploma with Yr1 & Yr2 transcript.
    Outcome: unspecified due to my diploma (NIIT) is not recognized. My degree is from UK, but my diploma is from India.

What I plan for the reassessment:
    To submit the original course syllabus for the UK degree (year 1, 2, 3).
    To submit a letter by university that I have been exempted from yr 1 & 2 due to recognition of prior learning (the NIIT diploma).

Any thoughts about this?

Hi Orca, what is the outcome?

Larrykiwi, I believe the phrase from Star Trek "He's dead, Jim" applies to my case.

sigh. Anyway i'll set sights on Aussie because ACS recognizes NIIT cert.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12