Thread: Going overseas for Holidays after sending ITA for review?

Default Going overseas for Holidays after sending ITA for review?

Hi all,
    I'm still gathering all the paperwork to present to INZ for the ITA under the SMC, I'm not 100% sure but I think I'll be sending all the documents before the end of this month.
    As part of the papers to present to INZ, mine and my wife's passport has to given to them for the ITA. And from what I read they can take several months until a CO is assigned and the final decision made.

Now, I'm thinking about going for holidays, probably sometime between the end of /July and August, and I'd be needing our passports for that since we want to go overseas.

What's to be done in this case? anybody knows? anyone that went through a similar situation? I would be giving the passports and in less than a month be asking them back, is that possible?

Thanks

When I submitted my ITA, only a certified copy of the front page of the passport was requested. It was what was mentioned in the Checklist included in the ITA sent by INZ via email.

I know the residence application (INZ 1000) asks for the original passport document to be submitted. I was assigned a CO the same day my application was received and my original passport returned via FedEx the next day. My suggestion, if the application form asks for original, and if you intend to file your ITA by the end of the month, don't plan on holidaying out of the country this year!

I decided after my application was sent in to travel overseas. I emailed INZ and asked for my passports to be returned for travel and I received them within the week (London office to the US).

I would send the certified copy with the application, then send the passports to get "stickered" once your application is processed and--one hopes!--approved.

Mmmm, ok, everybody has different points of view on this. I'll see if I can drop by INZ tomorrow and ask.
    Thanks guys

Ok, I passed by INZ yesterday and asked about this and they said that I can provide them with certified copies of our passports instead of the originals.

We sent certiified copies in no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by dede View Post
    We sent certiified copies in no worries.
    Thanks