Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp Work Visa - Processing Times

Red face Temp Work Visa - Processing Times

Hi There,

I am looking for any help/info you guys can give me from your experiences!!

I have been offered a job in Christchurch NZ, I'm applying for a temporary work visa (its a two year contract). How long is the processing times in London usually? I'm supposed to start 23rd July, I've been for my medical and I'm just waiting the results (should have them in the next 10days). I'm getting nervous watching the prices of flights creep up whilst I wait!!!

Thanks

Congratulations, hello and welcome.

Here's what London branch are saying at the moment. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/branc...ocessingtimes/ Bear in mind, these are averages on how things have been running there recently, and none of the times mentioned are promises. There's so much possible variation from one case to another, it's not possible to generalize.

Hey!

Thanks very much!

I know that you can't take it for granted so thats why I'm looking for personal experiences! Fingers and toes crossed I think!

Hello
    We are in a very similar situation, have submitted temp work visa application to London branch for my partner along with a visa for myself and student visas for our children. They accepted and lodged them on 29th May and are now pending. Partners employers want him to start in July but the cost of the flights seem to be creeping up
    We are going to wait until we get the green light from immigration before booking flights though, so hope they progress them asap.

Where are you heading for in NZ?

The job offer for us is in Pukekohe,Auckland but we will fly to Christchurch initally as my parents live there.

I will keep you updated on our progress.

My uncle is in the process of applying for a temp work visa with a job offer at the London branch. I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but his is taking ages - longer than my residence one did. His process has taken about 8 weeks so far and is still going with no specific time for completion given. He has also been told there is at least a 2 week wait to get the blue stickers even once you he is approved, even with an NZ employer phoning the London office trying to hurry them along - apparently there is a backlog in sticking the stickers and his employers were told they aren't letting anyone, even those with job offers waiting, jump the queue. He was supposed to start work late May!

Sorry, not what you wanted to hear...

Hi
    Oh dear, that isn't good news.
    Are they just waiting for the sticker? or are they still at the processing the application stage?

They should really update the website with the correct time frames.

Thanks for letting us know and please keep us updated if you have any further information.

Is his job on skills shortlist?

I've booked flights but now getting very nervous reading this!!! :s

I wonder if this backlog/delay is due to all the new countries sending their applications to the London office!!!

This is not good news! Aghh!

I've got a job in Christchurch, flights booked fo 17th July! So looking unlikely I'll make those flights! But fingers crossed the process speeds up!

His job isn't on the skills shortage list - he oversees and consults on the building of cement factories. The company sought him out as he is a global expert or something equally random. He will be building a cement factory in/around Hamilton.

They were still at the processing stage last I heard. When I know more I will let you know. There was an earlier delay with a form going astray in NZ House post room but that only added a week on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauralocks View Post
    His job isn't on the skills shortage list - he oversees and consults on the building of cement factories. The company sought him out as he is a global expert or something equally random. He will be building a cement factory in/around Hamilton.

They were still at the processing stage last I heard. When I know more I will let you know. There was an earlier delay with a form going astray in NZ House post room but that only added a week on.
    Definetly Random!! Lol!

My skill is on the long term/short term + the canterbury short list! So I'm hoping that will help!

Got my medical resutls back today - All good , Just waiting for my police check back and then I'm good to submit my visa!

That gives me about 4 weeks to get it processed! Fingers Crossed!

****WHHHHHOOOOOOPPPPP******

One week after submitting my visa application, it arrived back today all approved + stickers stuck in my passport

Soooo relieved!!!!

Now to start packing!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast