Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a football team to play with in Christchurch

Default Looking for a football team to play with in Christchurch

Hi, I'm from the UK and been in Christchurch a few weeks now. Back home I used to play a lot of football and looking for a team to play with here. I played a lot of 5-a-side back home and would happily play 5 or 11 aside here.

If anyone knows of anything then give me a shout

Cheers, Paul

It's New Zealand, learn to play rugby! ;-)

Hi Paul,

Are you any good?
    check out Christchurch utd, i play for one of the teams, maybe check out there website for details. Think one of the coaches ( gareth) details are on there, give him a bell he may be keen to get you dowm. Season is about half way in so it may be hard to get into a team but on the other hand there may be a few injuries!!

Good luck

There seem to be a lot of people who do meetup.com in NZ. If you can't find one maybe you could start one?

Hi Paul,
    My son plays for a team on a saturday afternoon, they are all in the forces based at burnham, in the next few weeks they are losing a few players on postings around NZ, so are on the lookout for some more players so if your interested let me know and will give you his contact details.

Cheers Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Corbishleys View Post
    Hi Paul,
    My son plays for a team on a saturday afternoon, they are all in the forces based at burnham, in the next few weeks they are losing a few players on postings around NZ, so are on the lookout for some more players so if your interested let me know and will give you his contact details.

Cheers Brian
    That sounds great Brian. I'm not in any forces and I'm not the strongest but I can certainly put a ball in a net that's for sure. If you could give me the contact details that'd be great. I have work commitments and so on but it's worth getting in touch before I rule anything out.

And thanks guys for the other advice, I'll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul4763 View Post
    That sounds great Brian. I'm not in any forces and I'm not the strongest but I can certainly put a ball in a net that's for sure. If you could give me the contact details that'd be great. I have work commitments and so on but it's worth getting in touch before I rule anything out.

And thanks guys for the other advice, I'll check it out.
    Personal contact details should not be included on a public forum so it is recommended that they are provided via the private messaging (PM) facilities instead.

You need to have posted 5 times anywhere on the forum except the lounge to enable PM function so other members can send you a PM. If you can't think of anything to say, just post "anything" until you reach 5.

Ian

I play 5-a-side on a Monday night and there's talk of setting up another game on Tuesdays. We usually play around 9pm at Action Indoor Sports just off Moorhouse Avenue: http://actionindoorsports.com/christ...20location.pdf

If anyone's interested in playing on either day let me know and we can hopefully get something sorted.

Hi,

I used to play 5 a side in Hornby, not a bad league. Stuffed my knee two years ago...so now all lardy and unfit!!! Also heaps of clubs around......my nearest club, FC Twenty 11 is in Avonhead, what part of town are you in?. Heaps of different grades depending on skill / age / fitness...if you played regular footy in the UK you will be fine here...

I think indoor might suit me better. I contacted some people and they got back to me but I had to explain that when I moved here from the UK my football gear didn't make the cut. So I don't have boots or anything and am in no real position to be splashing out on anymore. So that sounds great Twunky, can you give me some more info?

I'm in the CBD on Bealey Avenue

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast