Thread: Double checking passport expiry rules

Default Double checking passport expiry rules

ive had a beak on the Air NZ site when I booked flights to Sydney but need to be certain sure.

We are uk (european) passports holders with NZ indefinite permanent residence.

We have booked a holiday to OZ for July and will return on July 12th. My sons passport expires on August 26th this year. On the OZ leg the rules state that the passport has to be valid on entry.

On the NZ (return) leg the rules state that the passport has to have a month remaining to enter.

We have visas for both countries.. Tourist visa for OZ and a perm res visa for NZ.

I wanted to check the 1 month remaining validity on his passport for both into OZ and then into NZ just to be safe.
    Can anyone confirm this or point me int he right direction of the governmental body that can?

Cheers

Travel documents required for all other travellers
    All travellers other than Australian and New Zealand citizens need to present the following documents to officers in immigration clearance:

•a valid passport or other acceptable travel document
    •a valid visa or authority to enter Australia (including electronic visas)
    •a completed and signed Incoming Passenger Card, including health and character declaration.
    See: Passenger cards
    Anyone who arrives without a valid travel document, visa or authority to enter Australia, may be refused entry to Australia or delayed until their identity and claims to enter Australia have been confirmed.
    http://www.immi.gov.au/managing-aust...vel/documents/

In the case of NZ and Australian passport holders or NZ residents/Australian permanent residents, your passport must be valid for enough time to allow you to travel to New Zealand (ie, it must be valid on the date you are entering/leaving NZ).
    http://www.dol.govt.nz/immigration/k...base/item/1166

But if in doubt, contact whichever country's immigration service, I think.

I need to go to Oz on my British passport at the beginning of July for 3 days (work related) and the passport expires on 27 July. I don't have enough time to organise a new British passport, get the PR visa transferred and get a new ETA all within the next 2 weeks. I hope I wont have problems getting into Oz or back into NZ.