Thread: More Flight Questions

Default More Flight Questions

Thought it would be clearer to start a new thread rather than add to my other one about flights.

1. When my husband flew to NZ in Feb with SA, he got the double baggage allowance so he won't get it this time, but I will. I'm assuming the children will too - is that right?
    2. And does anyone know if we'll be able to check in our pushchair for no extra cost? The SA site says infants are allowed a pushchair but our littlest boy doesn't count as an infant as he's over 2!
    3. Our older son is quite a picky eater and, although we're working on that, a long haul flight is not the time to fight that particular battle. I plan to take a selection of snacks, sandwiches etc on the plane with us. When we have to change at Sinapore, will we be able to take the food into the airport and onto the connecting flight with us? Or will we have to ditch it as soon as we get off the first flight?

Hope someone can help with these queries - the closer our departure date gets, the more (often daft!) questions I'll be throwing at you all

Hi there!

The only reliable answer for these sorts of questions is the airline itself--don't go based on what anyone else tells you. If you're really anxious, try to find a UK email contact for Singapore and get a reply to your questions in writing.

I would hate for you to go based on someone else's experience, only to learn at the airport of a policy change.

I can't answer any of those questions and as mentioned above you would be best contacting the airline directly and getting everything in writing.

What I would add though, and you probably know this, is make sure you have got rid of any trace of fresh, opened food of any kind before you leave the plane on arrival in New Zealand.
    All the best.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

I third the comment about contacting the airline as their policies all differ. And try to get them to send anything to you in writing (an email should suffice) so you have a record of it for when you check in at the airport. There have been numerous cases of people ringing call centres and being told one thing, then airport staff doing something else.

In terms of food at Singapore, I have been to Singapore a few times and never been asked about food. I don't think it's an issue for them so you should be safe. But as others have said, make sure you ditch any fresh food before disembarking in NZ.

Thanks folks. I have e-mailed SA, but whilst waiting for their reply, I just thought I'd check on here in case anyone knew the answers Anything to get me away from cleaning camping gear, kids' outdoor toys etc...

Well in that case by all means--got any other questions? Cleaning camping gear? Unfun!