Thread: Do I Need Travel Insurance If Immigrating?

Default Do I Need Travel Insurance If Immigrating?

Hi

Me and my partner are due to leave in four weeks, we have residency visa and I have just rang Churchill Insurance to get covered for travelling to Auckland but said it is something they would not do.

Do I need it and if so who should I use?

Thanks

Donna

The post office will do a one-way insurance surprisingly cheaply. Its very difficult to find through the usual insurers!
    They will cover you just for the journey + a few extra days if you want to cover any delay or stop-over. Its a good to have as anyone can need emergency medical aid or have damaged luggage. I think it is only available by phone, not "over the counter". I googled the number.
    Good luck for your future life in NZ!

We used the post office travel insurance and did it online. Never needed to use it so don't know how good they would be in a crisis but at least we had peace of mind. It also covered our luggage which we felt was important as we did bring a lot with us to keep us going.

Quote Originally Posted by nickydwuk View Post
    ...used the post office travel insurance and did it online. Never needed to use it so don't know how good they would be in a crisis but at least we had peace of mind...
    Me too!

We had medical insurance in the UK for over twenty years and signed up for a similar policy in New Zealand. More than happy to pay the premium as long as I never need to find out how good they are!!!!
    Last edited by rogercruse; 7th June 2012 at 09:05 AM.