Thread: Bonus points for PR based on IQA

Lightbulb Bonus points for PR based on IQA

My friend told me that 25 to 30 bonus points are given to the candidate when one applies for PR if ones International Qualification's Assessment (IQA by NZQA) level is 7. However, if determined level is more than 7 then these bonus points are not awarded to the candidate. Can someone comment please..

If your IQA is determined to be at level 7 then you will get 50 points. http://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/35585.htm
    Which bonus points is your friend talking about?

If your qualification is higher than 7 you get 55 points (which is what I got- my qualification is level 10).

Ta,

Eliot

how many qualification can be assessed by NZQA against one IQA application??? any reference please.. one man said on blog that NZQA allows the candidate to assess 5 qualifications against one application of IQA...

Quote Originally Posted by Delta_Cephei View Post
    If your qualification is higher than 7 you get 55 points (which is what I got- my qualification is level 10).

Ta,

Eliot
    If you are assessed at 9 or 10 then you get 55 points. If it is assessed at 7 or 8 which most Bachelor, PgDip and Masters (taught) are, then it is only 50 points.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    My friend told me that 25 to 30 bonus points are given to the candidate when one applies for PR if ones International Qualification's Assessment (IQA by NZQA) level is 7. However, if determined level is more than 7 then these bonus points are not awarded to the candidate. Can someone comment please..
    The only way I think this would be in play would be if you claimed:

10 points for qualification in skills shortage and
    15 points for 6+ years work experience in skills shortage (10 points for 2-5 years)
    and that work experience and qualification was tied to holding a level 7 qualification - ie ICT Business Analyst.

If your NZQA comes back as 8, then you are unable to claim these points and they will be taken away. This happened to me. I presumed that because I had a level 8 qualification and because it was higher than a 7 I would be ok, but found out it had to be exactly Level 7.