Thread: Recruitiing process

Default Recruitiing process

Hi everybody, I have just submitted serveral applications but got no good news except two rejection letters. Could anybody please tell me what the timeline or process of recruiting is in New Zealand? Like how many days you will usually need to wait after submitting online application? Or if they will only contact you after the open position is closed?

hi
    what your filed and you in new zealand?

It's unusual for companies to look at CVs and cover letters until after the closing date, so don't expect to hear back for one to two weeks. They will shortlist without interviews, then interview those left, either once or twice. Good luck!

Hi Adams Girls, I just saw one of my application stepped into shortlist stage, does it mean I will certainly get an interview? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adams Girl View Post
    It's unusual for companies to look at CVs and cover letters until after the closing date, so don't expect to hear back for one to two weeks. They will shortlist without interviews, then interview those left, either once or twice. Good luck!

Yes I am here in Auckland. I am a project & product manager (PMP and ITIL) and also an intermediate java develper and network engineer(CCNP). Just one week in and no good news for job-hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kar View Post
    hi
    what your filed and you in new zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by saikai View Post
    Yes I am here in Auckland. I am a project & product manager (PMP and ITIL) and also an intermediate java develper and network engineer(CCNP). Just one week in and no good news for job-hunting.
    Hi Saikai, you are not along, I'm also a project manager and had been hard working sending my cv everywhere but no luck. Look to me like this is a sinking ship and my dream of living in New Zealand will be gone. Back home, I got good reputation and highly paid but in kiwi, I have no social connect and feel like I'm a fresh grat started out looking for job again with no hope of finding one.

Saikai, good luck for the job search there. Hope you will find one soon.

Please check your PM box..I have sent a message as PM to you.

Manks is offline Serial procrastinator and general busybody

Quote Originally Posted by saikai View Post
    Hi Adams Girls, I just saw one of my application stepped into shortlist stage, does it mean I will certainly get an interview? Thank you.
    It depends on the organisation but doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an interview. In some companies, HR will create a shortlist for the hiring manager to consider taking forward to interview. They may accept all of the candidates for interview or only some of them. Some organisations will actually arrange an informal coffee chat first to check out cultural fit (I had that recently). Others will shortlist straight to interview.

That's the long answer. The short answer is no, if you have been shortlisted it doesn't automatically mean you'll be invited to an interview. I was shortlisted by a recruitment consultant but the hiring manager didn't want to interview me because the other candidates had more relevant experience than me.