Thread: Have Work Visa & Flights booked

Default Have Work Visa & Flights booked

Hello All,

I am a 52 y.o. Canadian, and I've had a job offer since Oct. 2011 and the employer has been gracious enough to hold it for me.
    I applied for EOI in Oct.'11 but was 5 points short as they wouldn't recognize the college I attended.
    I then applied for a work visa, and after jumping through the MA's hoops was finally approved for a 2 year WV.

I arrive in NZ in 3 weeks, but would appreciate any advice on how to prepare (what to bring with me) for PR application.
    (Letters from previous employers, etc?).

Thanks

Here http://www.immigration.govt.nz/migra...pply/evidence/ is the INZ list of what evidence you'll need to show. The answer to your question is probably to look at that list and think what will be that much easier to get while you're still in the same country. From reading other people's postings, I think it's probably easier to get the police certificate there, for a start. Also, though you don't mention any partner, if you do have one, partnership proof is likely to include things like old photos and invitations, as well as joint bank or insurance details, and you might need letters from friends or family on both sides saying the partnership is genuine.

Thanks J and M

Yep, depends on what's harder for you. In my case I didn't have my birth certificate here, and it was a real pain to get it while already in NZ. You could also bring letters from employers on a letterhead with the company's logo. Bring some payslips from the previous work experience also.
    If you have to prove partnership, papers like what Jandm said, marriage certificates, joint bank account statements, etc....
    Police certs expire after 6 months, so unless you are going to apply just after arriving, I would say you probably want to do it from here (not sure if Canada has an embassy in NZ or not).
    If you have to prove your english, from attending studies in english or something like that then bring the original certificates or transcripts that states that they were done in english.
    If you need to get your qualifications assessed by NZQA bring not only the diploma but also the transcript with the curricula and plan of each course. Not sure if Canada is part of it, but there is something called Apostille of the Haye convention or something like that, which will be given by your country of residence to prove that your Diploma is not fake and is valid in the country.

I think that's mostly it. But from my experience if you are in doubt about bringing it, then just bring it.