Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Inquiry on IQA Required documents for Syllabus vs transcripts

Default Inquiry on IQA Required documents for Syllabus vs transcripts

Hi all,

I am in the process of gathering all required documents for an IQA assessment and it states in one of the requirements that I need to send transcripts of results which i believe i already have (Original copy) but on one of the requirements under "Certified true copy section" it says, I need to have certified copy of "Complete official academic syllabus / curriculum".

As far as i know these academic syllabus / curriculum is just the same as what is written in the transcripts right? Where all subjects completed are indicated. Meaning what i will need to do apart from having the original transcripts, I should get a certified copy of the transcripts.

Thanks!

Good question. I need to know that too

It might be helpful to make a phone call to the Registry of your university, to see if there is some other format that they could provide, or anything they could suggest, to meet this requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Pablodante View Post
    Good question. I need to know that too
    Hi -
    The Marksheet you have for your education which is getting assessed, should mention all the subjects/ practical you have studies during the period, holds good for the IQA.

I was thinking about this question, and, having been in education, it occurs to me that the difference in terminology does have a meaning. Generally, the syllabus/curriculum is a description of the material that will be covered during a course, so it's the aim, the 'in theory this will happen', whereas the transcripts are written after the event, detailing what actually happened, and how the student did, in the various modules.

JandM but then the question is how to get all these things done. Like getting the contents of each course, we studied from a university in a different country. The degree is done like many years ago. Many of those courses even changed or renamed. It might not be possible for many of us to practically get all these details. Personally, I believe that the submission of transcripts should be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by junaidahmed83 View Post
    JandM but then the question is how to get all these things done. Like getting the contents of each course, we studied from a university in a different country. The degree is done like many years ago. Many of those courses even changed or renamed. It might not be possible for many of us to practically get all these details. Personally, I believe that the submission of transcripts should be enough.
    Hi junaidahmed83 - If you have your mark-sheet for your course, it should be fine. I submitted the same and got my IQA assessment complete.

The degree is done like many years ago.
    It's fine if whoever you are submitting to is happy with what you have to hand. Otherwise, I think you might be surprised at what records are held, and for how long. I decided to do a higher degree when in my 40s, and the university I applied to wanted to know about my previous studies. I had kept nothing from 20+ years before apart from my certificates, but I contacted the Registry of the original university, although, as in your case, the place had changed its focus and name, and they were able to find all my details. From even further ago than that, the county authority of the place where I lived when a child could give me details of my school courses.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It might be helpful to make a phone call to the Registry of your university, to see if there is some other format that they could provide, or anything they could suggest, to meet this requirement.
    Hi JandM, I agree to your statement but basically on what actually happens here, based on experience, the syllabus are printed ino a piece of paper and are used as reference during enrollments then of course this piece of paper is thrown away later on (typical student that gets rid of non useful items, thinking it has no more value at all until this point in time comes).

Also it has nosolid proof like school stamp, etc. so i don't think, assuming we happen to save a copy that this will give an added value since based on posts i read this will just be merely a pice of paper for NZQA as anyone can just print something to make it look like a standard school syllabus. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by hemanshumistry View Post
    Hi -
    The Marksheet you have for your education which is getting assessed, should mention all the subjects/ practical you have studies during the period, holds good for the IQA.
    Hi Humanshumistry, I think the marksheets you're referring to is the transcript itself as this already have the ratings of each subjects taken right?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast